Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Hobbies

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Hobbies 
    C-Moto Noob
    My recent hobby after almost 20 yrs without is now maintenance, and upgrades to my "new to me" Ktm 450 exc. I bought it in China, and also bought over time a pretty full set of tools. It's a 2004 that needed quite a bit of TLC (tender loving care), now it's about 90-95% ok now. Of course riding it is a hobby as well. Recently replaced the flywheel with a slightly lighter one, changed the gearing with new sprockets, changed brakes, cables, moded the carb, etc etc etc.

Another hobby that takes me in the garage is R/C. I have a nitro 4x4 truck, a .25 size trainer plane and a .46 size bi-plane. So R/C in general, still need to get a heli and boat etc.

I play drums as a hobby, not pro but not too bad.

I see comments about custom choppers, me and my german colleague have a crazy idea (fairly serious crazy idea) of trying to do that in China. We have one frame welded up and have located alot of parts here in China.

2. #12 Re: Hobbies 
    photoshooting half naked chicks... pretty cool hobby isn't it?

www.r0n4n.com ;-)

3. #13 Re: Hobbies 
    C-Moto Senior
    Bougie, I've been into R/C since I bought my first rc-10 buggie when I was about 16. I got into planes later and especially liked little flat profile foam planes with little CDROM motors and li-ion batteries, kind of thing where the whole plane weighs -28g ready to fly. They aren't too expensive but I don't think there are many places to fly and I'm worried about buying too much stuff to take with me when I move again or when I head back to the states for good.
    Come to think of it I think I left all my stuff with a friend, I could probably get some of it when I take a trip back soon. The best to have would be the tx, servos, rx's, esc, packs and charger. I could put all that in a 10x10x5 box.

hymmm....

4. #14 Re: Hobbies 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie View Post
    I see comments about custom choppers, me and my german colleague have a crazy idea (fairly serious crazy idea) of trying to do that in China. We have one frame welded up and have located alot of parts here in China.
    G'Day,

Quite a few HD choppers around and being build in Shanghai + Beijing. Tons of HD aftermarket parts are manufactured in PRC.

5. #15 Re: Hobbies 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by TB-Racing View Post
    G'Day,

Quite a few HD choppers around and being build in Shanghai + Beijing. Tons of HD aftermarket parts are manufactured in PRC.

That sounds good. I'm aware of the H-D's, not not really aware of custom choppers.

thanks mate

6. #16 Re: Hobbies 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie View Post
    That sounds good. I'm aware of the H-D's, not not really aware of custom choppers.

thanks mate
    G'Day,

Have a look around www.hoghd.cn and you find some real gems (most look really ridiculous, very similar to OCC bikes).

Took an overseas visitors to the Shanghai HD store (Puxi) to buy t-shirts last week, had a look into the new work area (left side of HD shop towards the Ducati Service Centre) and they were customising two of the plastic fantastic HD's (Electra Glide) with really tall ape hangers and huge fibreglass panniers......

7. #17 Re: Hobbies 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    This link will get you to China chopperland even faster.....

Crazy!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

8. #18 Re: Hobbies 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    This link will get you to China chopperland even faster.....Crazy!
    G'Day, TP Beijing is located in the same block as Jim's CJ-BMW sidecar shop and Iron Horse Saloon and do some nice Zero Custom (Japan) one off choppers.As far as I know, YP Engineering is the sole ML China importer / distributor for Confederate Motorcycles USA http://confederate.com as well.You really have to look through the HOG website to find the "home-build" choppers.... they are a riot.....

9. #19 Re: Hobbies 
    C-Moto Noob
    My favorite hobby is dirt biking, love to jump high but it's little risky too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12