Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 new bike/new experience 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi all,

I am new to motorcycles, completed MSF course a year and half back. Then got my dream bike but had an accident in few weeks later (late 2008). The bike was totaled . I am starting over again and got myself a Knonker KSM 200 this time after reading the good reviews about it. I want to learn and enjoy riding on a small bike then get a bigger bike in couple of years. I am planning to keep the Konker for a long time.

My bike is Grey color (I wanted Black but the dealer shipped the grey one!). I am currently in the process of assembling the bike before I get it licensed. I am a novice when it comes to any thing mechanical but love the challenge and looking forward to get some help from experts on this forum and will try to share my experience with fellow members on the forum.

2. #2 Re: new bike/new experience 
    Shame about what happened to you. Although I think in many countries big bikes are allowed much too soon. Starting small the way you are now will make you a better rider IMO. Learn the wheelies, endos and knee grinds on something small and cheap!

The Knonker/Qlink/Qingqi or whatever badge it has will serve you well. Happy riding.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

3. #3 Re: new bike/new experience 
    Congrats on the new bike.I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I toured the Langley show room in 08 and was very inpressed with the Konker 200.

4. #4 Re: new bike/new experience 
    BigH,

I think you've made a good decision to start small and sorry to hear about your spill. Give yourself some props for getting back in the saddle...not all folks will. Like many in NA, I started on a 750 and never really rode a smaller bike until China. I can definitely say spending years on small bikes improved my overall riding and I'm glad I did.

Your Konker should be a great to learn how to ride and wrench on. There's full manuals here in Portuguese with excellent illustrations so it should prove to be of some help. An english manual is available from QLink but it's 70USD.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

5. #5 Re: new bike/new experience 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    thanks all guys!

Have managed to put all the pieces together. The bike started nicely! The exhaust tone is tamed and will drill some holes in it soon!

Will register the bike next week.