Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: Post picks/list components of your bikes here! 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius
    Sorry to be out of date, but what does 4x signify? And is this meant for doing what you are doing in your avatar -- goading gravity on steep slopes?
    ClickHandler.ashx.jpg
    4X mountain bike racing, a little bit like mountain styled BMX racing. I'm not racing it ,though. Lots of city riding and hardpack bike suits the majority of surfaces it will be ridden on. Nearly as fast a cross country bike, but as tough and durable as a freeride bike.

2. #22 Re: Post picks/list components of your bikes here! 
    Our (wife and I) folding bikes, 10 days, 600 km trip in Thailand, during the 2013 Chinese New year.

20130201111917-0daa69fe-me.jpg

3. #23 New and old bikes. 
    Just upgraded my MTB here in Shenzhen.

My first bike here in China was an old specialized rockhopper that I bought from Bike Asia in Yangzhou, totally worn out and only 21 speed, but I loved it. Later converted to a single speed city bike.
    Next up was a UCC Dynamite again ex rental. Very strong, but a bit heavy and with a very dull and unresponsive ride.
    Then I built a better bike here in Shenzhen with a new Chinese brand aluminium frame which was quite nice but it was always too small for me.
    I sold both them and bought a 19" Giant XTC790 which I absolutely love. The frame is lovely and reminds me of my 2004 stumpjumper that’s still hanging up in my mum’s garage back in England. I put on some Easton EA30 690mm downhill bars and 180mm discs and it rides really great.
    [IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last month I bought a bike in Hong Kong, I found it on a website called 28bike.com great for a look at second hand private bikes and discounted shop bikes.

It’s a Merida 120 AM bike and it ticked all my boxes.. about 5 inch travel back and front with lockouts, 4 link rear suspension, dropped chain stay, low top tube, tapered steerer, Fox 15mm throu axle forks.
    [IMG][/IMG]

It’s a new 2012 frame and shock, new wheels and brakes all with 12 months warranty. With second hand forks and drive train.
    [IMG][/IMG]

The shop had it advertised for 8000hkd but dropped the price to 6800 on the day I went to look. I managed to get it for 6500hkd with a rockshock air pump thrown in. That’s about 5000rmb!! I reckon it’s a real beauty. What do you guys think??
    rich

4. #24 Re: Post picks/list components of your bikes here! 
    Rockrider 6.3
    Bought this bike from Decathlon (2999 yuan) in March 2013. Have just noticed MCM had a bicycle section :)
    All stock except for a Cateye trip computer. This was not purchased for commuting - hence no bags, no lock, no nothing. Keep it a home, ride out, bring back. The purpose of purchase - keeping fit, quitting smoking. So far so good.
    The bike's original price was 3999 yuan. Discounted 1000 yuan (since it's a 2009 model, and, apparently, nobody wanted it).
    Had a rear inner tire blow on me (must be just too old), had it patched. Brakes squeal as hell - no idea why. Rear gear shifter has had problems changing 2-3-4 and 4-3-2, required some adjustment - did it myself.
    Got no idea about the component specifications, since they all seem to be "Rockrider" branded.

IMG_3024.jpg

IMG_3193.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123