Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 Motorcycle Movies / Shows 
    I thought people could post here about various motorcycle shows or movies they've watched and what they thought...

Firstly, if anyone's seen The Long Way Down, with Ewan McGreggor and Charlie Boorman, you may have noticed they met up with some guys on the side of the road with 3 or 4 Lifan GY5's?

Those shows are pretty good, Long Way Down, and Long Way Round... Race to Dakar I didn't find as interesting but I never finished it, though I'm not really interested in the race or rally type stuff...

Torque, is a movie about sportbikers, it really isn't very good, but it has a few cool parts in it, and a lot of stupid and fake stunts. It's a good thing it has bikes and girls in it, otherwise it would be a complete waste of time and money.

Wild Hogs is about a group of friends who ride harleys on a road trip, and it is pretty funny. John Travolta is the best.

The Worlds Fastest Indian is a pretty cool movie, worth watching...

Oh and, there is The Return, it's this dvd about some whacko's trip across China on a 150cc bike named Big Wheels.:biggrin::biggrin:

The Worlds Fastest Indian is really good. I'm a bit of a maverick so I'm always a fan of the Burt Munros of the world.:thumbup: It was also good to see a non-American as the central character (no offence intended to my US friends). :thumbup:

Although Wild Hogs kept me entertained on a long flight I would have enjoyed the movie more if there had been a stronger focus on the bikes rather than the humans. Having said that I'm not a huge fan of Harleys. Maybe I need to ride one.:biggrin:
    Chongqing
    '12 Lifan 250 P
    e-biker 48/64/72v
    '77 CB 750 F1
    '75 XL 250

I agree with you pretty much 100%

nobody in the US could put a m/c show/movie list together and not talk about CHiPS i'm not sayin it was a great show but i liked it when i was a kid.

I'm not in the US so I guess that is why I missed it:P Actually, I think it was before my time, I've heard of it, but have no idea what it was, this is the first I've heard about it having to do with motorcycles...

Pumpkin I agree about Chips, it has to be on the list somewhere. I really enjoyed the show and had to get my 'fix' every week.:biggrin:
    Chongqing
    '12 Lifan 250 P
    e-biker 48/64/72v
    '77 CB 750 F1
    '75 XL 250