Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 2013 Qlink XF200 dual sports in the USA 
    C-Moto Senior
    J P Motorsports in San Diego finally has some new 2013 Qlink XF200s in stock. They have gone up to $2795. Also a new 2011 at $2495. I've heard good things about these. The prices are getting up there. I think a new Suzuki DR200 is about $4000 though. I can get a new TMEC 200 dual sport delivered to a town 12 miles away for $2050. The 2013 Qlinks would run about $3150 delivered to the same place. That's $1100 more than the TMEC. I hear the TMEC is a pretty decent dual sport too.

2. #2 Re: 2013 Qlink XF200 dual sports in the USA 
    I have never seen or ridden the Qlink, but I own a TMEC (2009 model). I bought it used with unknown miles (speedo cable broken before purchase--still broken, LOL). I don't know what kind of abuse the bike was put through, but it was run in well, as the engine is still kicking. Other parts of the bike broken and/or lost. Excalibur is the US distributor, so I have bought parts from them, and it still runs fine.

I commute 15 miles each way to work and back, and don't really ride it otherwise. But 150 miles/week it does fine. A little slow on the 50 mph stretch of 2-lane county road (because the cars travel at 70+ due to lack of police enforcement) not because the bike couldn't hit 50 mph. With stock gearing (56 rear/17 front) it will hit 55 mph, but screaming. I don't know how much the XF200 will do, but top speed over 60 mph might not be a concern. I did order a 40 tooth rear from Rebel Gears (I used the dimensions from the Derbi Senda R 125cc), but you could order a 48 tooth from the UK Ebay, or JT sprocket's US distributor who make aftermarket sprockets for the Derbi Senda R. My guess is that leaving the 17 tooth front stock, you would want to go with a maximum 44 tooth if you had to custom make one such as through Rebel Gears. 40 tooth feels like it is in overdrive in 5th gear, and I have to leave it in 4th gear when the traffic starts riding my ass at 55 to 60 mph to keep it at max speed in the morning.

The other alternative bike would be the SSR XF250. Someone bought one and seemed to like it via his thread here on mychinamoto. The bike should be like the Qlink but with a slightly bigger engine, which allowed him a decent cruising speed. I think the cost is about the same as what JP is selling the Qlink 200 for, but not sure where you live (i.e. Hawaii?) as far as shipping will go.
    Last edited by culcune; 05-27-2013 at 09:48 PM. Reason: adding info

3. #3 Re: 2013 Qlink XF200 dual sports in the USA 
    C-Moto Senior
    Yes, I am in Hawaii. How is Excaliber for ordering and getting parts? Have they had the stuff you needed in stock, or did it have to come from China? If so, how long did it take? I have emailed Wade Liu at Excaliber and communicated to him, and he has been very helpful and prompt in getting back to me.

4. #4 Re: 2013 Qlink XF200 dual sports in the USA 
    I have been to Excalibur and met with Mr. LIU in person, as well as picked up parts. They have had everything I .needed. I had to get a new ignition, rear wheel, ignition relay (was able to kickstart the bike), speedometer cable, and body panels.

Keep in mind, the bike was purchased used, and missing a side panel, and already had a broken speedo cable. The rear wheel was my fault due to issues changing the rear sprocket. The ignition one day stopped working, as the key would not work anymore. The prior owner used to have the bike sit outside his apartment on the street as his daily driver was a Harley, exposed to the elements. When the spark plug needed changing, the ignition relay blew out for some reason when I installed the new plug. Excalibur had them in stock, and I was able to kick start it while waiting for the part.

I just installed a 15 tooth front sprocket to go with my custom made 40 tooth rear. It really helped improve the bike, even more so than when I first installed the 40 tooth rear (the front was still the stock 17). In my opinion, you would be better off simply tracking down a JT Sprocket 48 tooth rear and leaving the front 17 stock. Having come full circle, I think I would have gone that route if I had to do it again. You can find them on Ebay in the UK for the Derbi Senda 125 R. The US distributor for JT can have them made in England, too. I think they cost about the same from ordering from someone on UK Ebay.

I don't know anyone who owns a Qingqi/Qlink XF 200 other than members here and on chinariders.net, so could not tell you if they are worth the premium over the TMEC. However, JP Motorsports are a reputable dealer, too, so couldn't imagine having difficulties finding parts. But as somone not extremely mechanically inclined, the TMEC has been a good commuter for me.