Hi all. Been lurking for a while and finally have something productive to add to the forum.

I just picked up a SMC YB150 to build to use in Mini-Motard racing series locally (GAMRA). SMC supposedly is based in the US using Chinese made engines and other parts. The dealer I bought it from, who carries KTM, BETA, Suzuki, Kawasaki as well, claims he has found quite a few parts that interchange with the KTM like wheels, cables etc. The frame certainly looks similar to the KTM 80 SX.

I presume this bike is built under other names as well. If anyone recognizes this bike any info you have would be helpful.

The motor appears to be a direct copy of the CRF150F. The power feels pretty similar. Carbs are a Chinese brand I'm not familiar with Linhai(sp?)???

For starters I'm going to tear down the bike to the frame with motor in, and take a good bit of measurements and re-assemble with a liberal amount of loctite. After that I'll take it out to the trails for a good day of thrashing to find any other weak points, hopefully not blowing it up in the process

Once I sort out any blatant issues, I'll be mounting some street tires to the existing wheels and seeing if I can get the suspension tight enough for a track day. The local organization runs on go kart tracks.

If all goes well with the first steps I'll do a complete build to make it more competitive, including

Upgraded mikuni/kehin carb
12" motard wheels/tires
Upgraded front brake system (calipers, master cyclinder, rotor)
Upgraded suspension front and rear

Any input is welcomed.