Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. #51 Re: New Project Bike, SMC YB150 
    Very sorry to hear that some waste of oxygen stole your machine. Can you get coverage under your house insurance policy ?

2. #52 Re: New Project Bike, SMC YB150 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi Nate,

I have to start with how invaluable this thread has been to me.

About a year and a half ago I purchased a YB125 with 7000 miles on the clock and in need of an overhaul. I didn't know where to go as SMC have since ceased trading, and knew not where to source parts.....

Then I stumbled upon this thread :)

I have sinse upgraded my wheel hubs (laced onto the original Rims by myself), upgraded to WP suspension, KTM brakes, KTM Triple clamps, Sprocket (Rear) and many other Bearings Inner races and nuts for parts from KTM 125/85 sx's.

It now runs brilliantly, many other upgrades such as 30mm Mikuni carb (jetted 108 main 130 pilot) straight through exhaust, performance intake fully adjustable Clutch/Brake levers, Race CDI and performance HT Coil toname a few.

I am so sorry to hear of the SH*T's who decided to permanantly borrow your bike but everytime I straddle my bike, kickout the back end or just pratt around on the YB125 I smile and think how much I owe you for the thread you created and help you gave me in getting the full potential out of mine.

I know call it the SMC SX125 Nate Edition, my pals ask why and I just smile.

Thanks

Carl

3. #53 Re: New Project Bike, SMC YB150 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Glad to hear it worked out for you Karl.

I've been keeping my eyes open to find another one. So far no luck. I did stumble across one a pawn shop bought. Someone talked them into giving them almost $1k for it, so they wouldn't let it go for less than $1500.

One of these days...

4. #54 Re: New Project Bike, SMC YB150 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by Danjamaus View Post
    Hi Nate,

I have to start with how invaluable this thread has been to me.

About a year and a half ago I purchased a YB125 with 7000 miles on the clock and in need of an overhaul. I didn't know where to go as SMC have since ceased trading, and knew not where to source parts.....

Then I stumbled upon this thread :)

I have sinse upgraded my wheel hubs (laced onto the original Rims by myself), upgraded to WP suspension, KTM brakes, KTM Triple clamps, Sprocket (Rear) and many other Bearings Inner races and nuts for parts from KTM 125/85 sx's.

It now runs brilliantly, many other upgrades such as 30mm Mikuni carb (jetted 108 main 130 pilot) straight through exhaust, performance intake fully adjustable Clutch/Brake levers, Race CDI and performance HT Coil toname a few.

I am so sorry to hear of the SH*T's who decided to permanantly borrow your bike but everytime I straddle my bike, kickout the back end or just pratt around on the YB125 I smile and think how much I owe you for the thread you created and help you gave me in getting the full potential out of mine.

I know call it the SMC SX125 Nate Edition, my pals ask why and I just smile.

Thanks

Carl
    Dear Carl,

Welcome to MyChinaMoto, and thanks for an amazing post about your own YB125 project bike. You didn't happen to document all the mods and upgrades in pix, did you? Would be wonderful at least to see before and after pix of your bike. Please feel free to post up as much as you can, and come back with more as you make more improvements. I doubt I'm the only one in this forum who would like to see your bike!

Cheers
    euphonius
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456