Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Any Chance at an internship? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello Forum,

I am currently living in Shanghai, finishing up my last semester at school. I have graciously decided to award myself a CJ750 sidecar when I leave China. After some research on the ol' internet, I believe I have found some good places, but every garage says that simple basic repair knowledge is a must.

Now don't get me wrong, that is part of the reason I love the CJ. I have always loved tinkering (I don't consider myself mechanically inclined, but I did love to tinker on my 73 Vette during the last few summers) and would enjoy spending some time in the garage BUT I would like to at least shadow a pro for even a few months until I felt very comfortable before I bought one.

Does anybody know a shop in Shanghai or even Beijing that I could get in contact with. My Chinese is pretty brutal but I could get by (and even appreciate being talked to with a Beijing accent!)

Thanks for Everything Guys!

2. #2 Re: Any Chance at an internship? 
    Nice name there!

Seems to be a good crew of folks starting to develop in Shanghai. Contact member Shanghaifingers. He owns and runs a CJ750 (and other makes) shop in Shanghai. Smell around on MCM for his posts and shop location.

How long have you been in China?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

3. #3 Re: Any Chance at an internship? 
    Quote Originally Posted by benlaowai View Post
    Hello Forum,

I am currently living in Shanghai, finishing up my last semester at school. I have graciously decided to award myself a CJ750 sidecar when I leave China. After some research on the ol' internet, I believe I have found some good places, but every garage says that simple basic repair knowledge is a must.

Now don't get me wrong, that is part of the reason I love the CJ. I have always loved tinkering (I don't consider myself mechanically inclined, but I did love to tinker on my 73 Vette during the last few summers) and would enjoy spending some time in the garage BUT I would like to at least shadow a pro for even a few months until I felt very comfortable before I bought one.

Does anybody know a shop in Shanghai or even Beijing that I could get in contact with. My Chinese is pretty brutal but I could get by (and even appreciate being talked to with a Beijing accent!)

Thanks for Everything Guys!
    I have a BMW powered CJ, rebuilt by and still (I hope ) sitting at Jim's shop. I also awarded myself with a CJ when I left China (this was 4 years ago), but I am still here . I found that I prefer 2 wheels (BMW powered ), so my CJ is for sale. Please contact me for details if you are interested.

From BJ
    Andy

4. #4 Re: Any Chance at an internship? 
    C-Moto Senior
    Sure, we'd welcome another pair of hands. Jimbo's Classic Sidecars. And as of this week our shop will have heat!

5. #5 Re: Any Chance at an internship? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hey Crazy Carl,

Thanks for the tip. Sorry for the late reply but I am currently doing some travelling around Xi'an in between semesters (and developing a wicked cigarette-like laden cough from all the..er...fog). Been in Shanghai for two years now, hence the name. I remember when I first arrived, I thought I could write a book on China. Then after a month, a blog. After a year, simply a sentence "Wo zhen de bu zhidao." Anyways, thanks for setting up this forum!

6. #6 Re: Any Chance at an internship? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks Jimbo,

I will certainly take you up on your generous offer. Maybe I could come up for a little bit after after June? I'll even bring the coffee for you and Kang Jian Chao!