Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Loncin Factory Tour Report on Bikeadvice.in 
    Loncin factory visit posted by Deepak on an Indian online motorcycle mag called Bikeadvice.in. Definitely worth checking out as well as other articles documenting Deepak's path through the Chinese moto industry last year.

He also get to see the BMW 800 cc engine at the Loncin factory. Short video of the production line at the end where all the Kinlon riders can see their bikes slowly come to life.

http://bikeadvice.in/visit-loncin-mo...ongqing-china/

loncin-motorcycle-industry-chonqing-2.JPG

BMW 800cc Engine
    loncin-motorcycle-industry-chonqing-5.JPG

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

2. #2 Re: Loncin Factory Tour Report on Bikeadvice.in 
    I belive it was the 650 engine. The 800 is still made by Rotax in Austria

3. #3 Re: Loncin Factory Tour Report on Bikeadvice.in 
    BMW's new parallel twin 650 and 800 engines are the same. The 650 is actually 800cc but the power output has been throttled by fuel injection mapping. That's the buzz anyway.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

4. #4 Re: Loncin Factory Tour Report on Bikeadvice.in 
    my daily ride is an 97 F650 with almost the same engine.
    that engine is the unit for the G650 series (the old single from the previous F650GS) the unit that Loncin is making for BMW
    http://www.bmwmoa.org/features/inter...G650Engine.jpg

The engine for F650/F800 is this
    bmw050406_78815.jpg

5. #5 Re: Loncin Factory Tour Report on Bikeadvice.in 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Question.. rumor has it that Loncin is not yet using the BMW production line in China. Can anyone confirm this? I have seen the Loncin scooters and they look good. Trying to decide if my new ride will be Loncin or Piaggio. Piaggio/Zongshen is using the Piaggio (Italian) production line in China. I should add that Loncin is still selling their motors to 3rd party scooter builders, as per some internet searches I have recently done.

6. #6 Re: Loncin Factory Tour Report on Bikeadvice.in 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Just to clarify...

Rotax in Austria makes the 800cc and 650cc parallel TWIN cylinder engines for the BMW F800GS & F650GS respectively. Loncin makes the 650cc SINGLE cylinder engine for the G650GS which is why the G650GS can be bought in China (without ABS) for under CNY 100K while the G650GS with ABS is an additional 30K and this compares to the priced of both the F650GS and F800GS which are imported fully built up. The Rotax engines (F600GS/F650GS) simply employs a different tuning/ECU spec on the 650 engine which is after all an 800cc (in sheeps clothing).

What can/may prove confusing for the casual observer is that until last year BMW used to call the single cylinder 650cc GS bike a "F650GS" (note that this is a single cylinder and not the newer twin 650cc). From last year onwards BMW changed the model prefixes used... the single cylinder 650 went from being named a F650GS to G650GS and the parallel twin cylinder 650 (detuned 800cc) was named F650GS while the 800cc was named the F800GS. Yep, confusing to the uninitiated...

Loncin though have used the BMW rotax engine as the power plant for the naked road sports bike LX650 which I've wrriten about elsewhere on MCM.
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 02-11-2012 at 03:19 AM.

7. #7 Re: Loncin Factory Tour Report on Bikeadvice.in 
    There is no 650cc parallel twin only a 789cc twin, the G are all 652cc singles the F are all 789cc twins.
    They should not have called the F 650 GS that they confused people by doing that they could have called it a F 800 G and a lesser version of the F 800 GS which it is.

8. #8 Re: Loncin Factory Tour Report on Bikeadvice.in 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    There is no 650cc parallel twin only a 789cc twin, the G are all 652cc singles the F are all 789cc twins.
    They should not have called the F 650 GS that they confused people by doing that they could have called it a F 800 G and a lesser version of the F 800 GS which it is.
    MJH, I agree that BMW's changing the nomenclature of their models achieves a great deal of confusion, however the fact remains that my comment in regards to the models being sold as detailed in my post above is what it is. BMW do manufacture and sell both a G650GS single cylinder 650cc dual purpose, alongside a F650GS twin cylinder 650cc (even though it uses the F800GS 800cc engine, it does not produce the same torque, HP etc as the F800GS does). Again while I may agree or disagree with your comments regarding the model naming debacle... it is what it is... either a G650GS single cylinder with Loncin manufactured engine or the F650GS twin cylinder Rotax engine made in Austria. I won't even get into whether or not Kymco Taiwan makes the Rotax twin...

9. #9 Re: Loncin Factory Tour Report on Bikeadvice.in 
    Kymco does manufacture the 450 single and it is offered exclusively now within the Husqvarna line up. There is no 650cc twin, F650 GS is just a model name, the engine is a 800cc twin it is in the models specifications.

10. #10 Re: Loncin Factory Tour Report on Bikeadvice.in 
    Loncing is another serious manufacturing co.