Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 I-Moto Tiger 125 SM 
    C-Moto Regular
    Hi there
    I'm from Portugal and I'd like to introduce myself to all the members of this forum.
    I have a qingqi 125 since September 2009, here in Portugal it's named I-Moto Tiger 125 SM. I also founded with the name of Kreidler Supermoto.
    I take this opportunity to thank for all that I have learned here so far, and to congratulate those who hold this forum with such useful information.
    I left some pictures of my bike.
    Best regards

P1040234-1.jpgP1040243-1.jpg

2. #2 Re: I-Moto Tiger 125 SM 
    Superfamous,

Thank you for joining MCM! You've got one slick looking bike there and I"m sure you're happy riding it.

How are things in Portugal? I hear the motorcycle market depression is also quite bad in Europe?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

3. #3 Re: I-Moto Tiger 125 SM 
    C-Moto Regular
    CrazyCarl,

Things in Portugal are good for the 125cc, because it came out a law in 2009 allowing people to drive bikes up to 125cc (or 11Kw of power) with the car driving license.
    Before this law it was necessary to take a license specific to motorcycle, regardless of the cc of their engine, so now there is a booming market of 125 cc !!
    In other countries I don't know what's going on, but at least in Portugal the 125 cc market is in expansion!

4. #4 Re: I-Moto Tiger 125 SM 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    It's rather difficult to find street going 125's in the US. Way to many large highways combined with a "bigger is better" mentality keeps them from selling well. That is a sharp looking motard

5. #5 Re: I-Moto Tiger 125 SM 
    Honorary C-Moto Guru
    We had the same law here in Spain. It was introduced several years ago and it caused a boom in 125 sales. Unfortunately it also increased the accident rate, so much that the Government had to reverse the situation and instead of repelling the law has made the riding test a lot harder and also introduced punitive taxes to discourage bike sales.

The effect of this plus the crisis Europe is going through has meant that bike sales are down by as much as 54 %. Spain has several manufacturers with factories here, Honda and Suzuki for example. They're in deep shit, with my local ( Gijon, Northern Spain) Suzuki factory shedding workers and even considering abandoning production altogether.

Chinese importers and dealers are falling by the wayside in great numbers. Just last week the Zongshen importer AZEL closed its doors with huge debts and no sales.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

6. #6 Re: I-Moto Tiger 125 SM 
    C-Moto Regular
    forchetto,
    When I go to Spain it seems that every guy has a scooter or a bike! :-) It thought that the motorcycle market in Spain was not in crisis !!
    I don't know how the situation will evolve in Portugal, because many people will drive motorcycles without any experience of riding on two wheels... maybe in a while the same happens in Portugal, and the government has to take action.
    Cheers

7. #7 Re: I-Moto Tiger 125 SM 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hello Superfamous,

Welcome along - Nice looking machine you have there although I'm a bit biased as I have the 200cc version of the same bike here in the UK branded as a Superbyke RMR200. Looks like you've done some similiar mods with the exhaust etc. I'm just wondering which brand of brush guards you fitted to the bike - I have a set but they don't allow enough room for the levers so I'm looking to get a pair that works.

cheers

Ianl1201

8. #8 Re: I-Moto Tiger 125 SM 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ianl1201 View Post
    Hello Superfamous,

Welcome along - Nice looking machine you have there although I'm a bit biased as I have the 200cc version of the same bike here in the UK branded as a Superbyke RMR200. Looks like you've done some similiar mods with the exhaust etc. I'm just wondering which brand of brush guards you fitted to the bike - I have a set but they don't allow enough room for the levers so I'm looking to get a pair that works.

cheers

Ianl1201
    Hi Ian|1201
    I had that problem too, the first hand guards that I bought they didn't allow enough room for the lever.
    Try to search on the eBay for venom Hand guards.
    Mine are like these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VENOM-REINFORC...a#ht_633wt_939

cheers

9. #9 Re: I-Moto Tiger 125 SM 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Superfamous,

Thanks for the link - I'll invest in a set of those soon. I'm guessing the weather in Portugal is letting you do a lot more riding that the freezing cr*p we've got in the uk at the moment! ;)

All the best and enjoy that bike of yours

Ianl1201

10. #10 Re: I-Moto Tiger 125 SM 
    C-Moto Regular
    Now in Portugal it's raining almost every day... This Winter have been quite rainy!!
    But usually, Portugal has a very good weather to ride a bike! :-)

cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast