Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Qingqi 200 supermotard turn off while handbars turned all to the right 
    Riding in Honduras C.A.
    Yesterday at night I was giving a ride to a scared girlfriend. She donīt like bikes a lot so she was a litle concerned about the ride, but I was her only choice so...

Me trying to be extra kind rider.

When Im Uturnig to go out of the parking lot the bike just turn off in midle of the street. Lukly ther wasnīt cars at that moment.

I thoug could be my bad or/and a yet cold bike.

Nope.

Today after a few hours of riding going inside my garage and turn to right and my litle bike just die.

Test it few times, full trotle, pushing the kill button (not to killing it, jus the other way), in neutral, in gear with clutch, etc allways die when handelbar turned to the right. Do not to die if the handelbars to the left.

Beside political ideological issues. What is happening with she?

Where I can start looking for?

Plis enlightme
    Qingqi 200 Supermotard. (Genesis) Mods Until now:Rised Handelbar with stock risers and a lot of washers. Almost 10cm. Pillion handles eliminated and enduro model rack puted in place with turn signals just ziptied to it. Abominable Top Box over rack! Kickstarter removed for comfort (now inside TopBox). PCV pipe bolted to subframe holding my tools. Acerbis supermoto handlebar protector. Turnsignals bolted to the Abominable Top Box base.

2. #2 Re: Qingqi 200 supermotard turn off while handbars turned all to the right 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I'm not familiar with that specific bike, but have had this expeirience in the past on a Honda. Start checking wiring running around the neck area. In my case I found an ignition wire had insulation rubbed off and was shorting out to the frame when turned to the steering stops.

3. #3 Re: Qingqi 200 supermotard turn off while handbars turned all to the right 
    When you raised your handlebar, did you make sure you had enough slack in the wires from full turn to turn (this is sometimes called "lock to lock")?

If not, like Nate says, there could be rubbing in the wire housing that is gone and shorting out on the frame. Do a visual check for areas of too much rubbing.

Also, a connector may have gotten loose or stretched. Check all wires going to the on-off kill switch by the right handlebar grip. Check the ignition/key switch wires for loose connection tambien.

You can test loose wires by starting the moto with the handlebars straight. Then GENTLY tug/pull on the wires... one at a time. If the bike stops on one of the wires, then you know which one is the problem and can look deeper.

Good luck and let us know how it goes! Embarrasing when you have a girl on the bike and it dies, no?

Paz.
    CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

4. #4 Re: Qingqi 200 supermotard turn off while handbars turned all to the right 
    Quote Originally Posted by andres357mag View Post
    allways die when handelbar turned to the right. Do not to die if the handelbars to the left.

Your bike is not an ambi-turner!
    Kinlon 2008 200GY-SM
    Honda 2003 CB250
    Life is too short for traffic

5. #5 Re: Qingqi 200 supermotard turn off while handbars turned all to the right 
    There is a large bundle of wires behind the headlight where everything connects. The bundle is covered with a plastic sheath tied up on the end. Do as Nate and Carl said and start checking here as this is where you likely find the problem.

6. #6 Re: Qingqi 200 supermotard turn off while handbars turned all to the right 
    Riding in Honduras C.A.
    Nut my bike has Magnum (eyes can remember the exact word) LOLOLOLOLOL

Ok, Couse I remove the ruber strips that hold the headlight changing it for metal strips and aluminium frame I misplace the bunch of wires and get jammed by the steering column stopers (hoping you understand my "Tarzan english"·)

Thanks for the advices that let me look in the right place first.

Now is fixed and all the wires rearrenged for a better distribution.

About rising the handlebars: I have to reroute the throtle wires. Now they bent too much for me to be satisfied but is only when turned to the right completly (same but not the same issue) But I made 9000 kilometers with this wires and nothing bad happens yet. Maybe im a litle paranoid. Did you know wich bike has longer throtle wires that can match?

Have another question but will start another Tread.

Thanks a lot fellows. You are very supportive.

andres357mag
    Qingqi 200 Supermotard. (Genesis) Mods Until now:Rised Handelbar with stock risers and a lot of washers. Almost 10cm. Pillion handles eliminated and enduro model rack puted in place with turn signals just ziptied to it. Abominable Top Box over rack! Kickstarter removed for comfort (now inside TopBox). PCV pipe bolted to subframe holding my tools. Acerbis supermoto handlebar protector. Turnsignals bolted to the Abominable Top Box base.

7. #7 Re: Qingqi 200 supermotard turn off while handbars turned all to the right 
    Andres...

Unless you raise the handlebar 4 or more cm, there should be enough cable. If your engine runs faster, when you turn the bars, the throttle cable is too tight! There are adjusting nuts on the cable to help with this too.

Take the seat and gas-tank off and re-route the cables. You should be okay!

CC
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com