Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Offroad/dirt track places 
    I wonder if there is a website that lists places/race track where people can practice dirt/offroad in China.

I saw on moto8 that there is a school in Zhejiang. It's for kids boys aged 8-19 and girls 8-17. If they get accepted I believe it is free for them to study aswell.

If you're interested I could post the contact information

Zhejiang can interest someone else but too far for me. I was looking for some place in South GuangDong.

What about using bush tracks and the like? As I haven't got out and about yet I don't know what the reality on the ground is, but looking out of my window at work there seem to be quite a few little tracks, maybe walking paths (?) on the hills around here. What is the attitude of the authorities to 'free range' riding? Maybe the tracks I'm looking at are not what they seem. We have a couple of interesting looking construction sites and what looks like open ground. What's the situation?

I was also wondering about the banks of Jangtze or Jialing rivers. Both rivers seem quite low or they have very shallow sloping banks. Is riding in this area a possibility or a bad idea (I'm thinking more of the authorities than the hazards).
    Chongqing
    '12 Lifan 250 P
    e-biker 48/64/72v
    '77 CB 750 F1
    '75 XL 250

Quote Originally Posted by Chinggis101 View Post
    What about using bush tracks and the like? As I haven't got out and about yet I don't know what the reality on the ground is, but looking out of my window at work there seem to be quite a few little tracks, maybe walking paths (?) on the hills around here. What is the attitude of the authorities to 'free range' riding? Maybe the tracks I'm looking at are not what they seem. We have a couple of interesting looking construction sites and what looks like open ground. What's the situation?

I was also wondering about the banks of Jangtze or Jialing rivers. Both rivers seem quite low or they have very shallow sloping banks. Is riding in this area a possibility or a bad idea (I'm thinking more of the authorities than the hazards).
    I agree with you the farmers tracks are nice and I've already been in some with my XJR.

But I want to meet some local dirt riders and to play harder on a dirt track. I have still some fond memories of dirt riding in Africa long time ago.

Brice,

Those are some nice pics on the FJR. You look like a man who's yearning for a dual-sport!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Yes, most of my bikes have been DS but I was so eager to get back on a bike that I bought the first around in good shape. I was thinking to make it more dirty like a scrambler but getting a plate is a no no here so once I'll get the 2 Chinese DS (wife and I) I'll sell it.

Cool pics Brice.

I think there is a larger off-roading community in Africa than in China. I guess it depends where you used to ride in Africa.
    Chongqing
    '12 Lifan 250 P
    e-biker 48/64/72v
    '77 CB 750 F1
    '75 XL 250

I was in Ivory Coast from mid 70's for 6 years. Few tarmac roads at this period.

Got a mighty Yamaha 125 DTMX modded as an enduro bike then a Honda 350 XL.