Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Hi from Brunswick Georgia 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi everybody,

Just found this forum and decided to join and see what's up. I am a member of many scooter forums since we are importers and distributors of Chinese scooters. We also have an online parts store for scooters so if anybody is having trouble findind something please give us a holler. The parts site only has about 10% of the parts we currently stock on it since we do not have enough time to get them all posted. But feel free to call us at (203) 500-0960

I don't know if I am allowed to post links to our stores here so I will not do so until I hear from a moderator regarding this, otherwise I would have put up the link.

Anyway we just relocated to GA from CT to get away from the cold and are loving it here. Riding season is just about year round here.
    And even when it gets cold here I still like to ride. Cause that is what it is all about.

John

2. #2 Re: Hi from Brunswick Georgia 
    John,

Howdy and nice you have you around. Georgia is full of awesome roads and good folks! Have you been to TWO in Suches?

Also, would love to know more about the scooter scene in the US from the importers perspective. I'd imagine it's not as bad as regular motorcycles but I'm sure it has it's own difficulties.

Regarding posting links on MCM you've got a few options. A couple are putting a link in your signature or starting a thread in the "Deals from Dealers" section with some info on your shop, pics and links are also encouraged. In addition, you can build a company profile and gallery with contact info in it. You can even have your own blog on MCM if you'd find it useful. Carefull titles to threads will help improve search engine results. Unadulterated SPAMage, of course, is not encourage.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

3. #3 Re: Hi from Brunswick Georgia 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi Carl,

I never even heard of TWO in Suches, what are they/it? and where?

The scooter biz was dismal last year, our sales were down by 70% due to the depression we are in now. Many distributors still have stock from 2008 they are selling off dirt cheap. Many of us are having to sell our 2009 inventory at prices that we can just about break even at because of that. Hopefully this comming year will turn things around for us. I know many distributors have gone out of business which makes it a little easier for the rest of us to compete. I also think this will force some of the lower quality importers out of the marketas dealers and the public may begin to be more selective and stick to the higher quality products with better warrantties.

Thank you for your suggestion also.

John

4. #4 Re: Hi from Brunswick Georgia 
    Welcome John,

Fellow new guy on this board, coming from the opposite corner of the country. Hopefully the economy will begin a rebound this year, and I'm hoping a part of the recovery is American distributors fighting back against the prejudice against non-US made products. The sooner we see the world as one community, especially where commerce is concerned, the better off we retailers in the US are going to be.

5. #5 Re: Hi from Brunswick Georgia 
    John,
    Let me add my welcome. I am always interested to hear from dealers.

TWO is Two Wheels Only campground in Suches GA.
    http://www.twowheelsonly.com/
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

6. #6 Re: Hi from Brunswick Georgia 
    Quote Originally Posted by jdikov View Post
    Hi Carl,

I never even heard of TWO in Suches, what are they/it? and where?

The scooter biz was dismal last year... Hopefully this comming year will turn things around for us. I know many distributors have gone out of business which makes it a little easier for the rest of us to compete. I also think this will force some of the lower quality importers out of the marketas dealers and the public may begin to be more selective and stick to the higher quality products with better warrantties.
    John, like Barnone mentioned TWO is a bike camp in Suches Georgia, a little north of Atlanta. It's a place worth checking out if you're in the neighborhood. Roads are twisty, stay is cheap, company is interesting and food is good.

I think your point on thinning the herd is very salient and I'm sure we all hope only the folks that SHOULD be in business weather the storm to see better days. Just went to the DC Cycle World Expo this past weekend and the only Chinese moto or scooter there was good ol' Lance... but I couldn't find a rep to talk to and they only showed two models. The previous year at least CFMoto was there showing more than a few models. Crowd was pretty thick though which was good to see.

Any industry predictions on Spring Summer 2010?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

7. #7 Re: Hi from Brunswick Georgia 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi there, I'm from Richmond Hill Ga. I just signed on here myself. Where are you located in Brunswick, i would love to ride down one weekend and check out your place.
    gene.