Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Greetings from the Pacific NorthWet of America 
    Kirk here, 50+ years old, on my 32nd bike, 35 years as a licensed rider. Currently on a BMW G650X but dreaming and working on manifesting a Chinese bike, a Chinese trek, and maybe both at once someday. I look forward to the increased trade between all countries of the world as we all realize that we have more in common than we have differences.

2. #2 Re: Greetings from the Pacific NorthWet of America 
    Kirk,

Welcome to MCM. Purely out of curiosity, what attracts you to Chinese bikes?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

3. #3 Re: Greetings from the Pacific NorthWet of America 
    Thanks for the welcome Carl. Over the last 10 years, my motorcycles have gotten smaller and simpler, and the chance of to be a part of the evolution of the Chinese motorcycles is a journey which I believe will be a wonderful, challenging bonding experience, fondly remembered and reminisced upon much like the old 2-stroke days.

I have been fascinated by China and it's people since the beginning of the thawing of the Cold War, and I look at the shared passion of motorcycling as a bridge which I cross willingly and without malice. I favor a world community, and have little interest in racist, isolationist talk based upon fear and hate, especially hidden under a cloak of "nationalism" or "patriotism". Let's just talk bikes and life, and leave the politics to the greedy.

As the manager of a retail Auto Parts Store, and a certified Motorcycle Mechanic, I also look forward to the possibility of being part of the growth of the popularity and availability of these machines. Since I really don't care much about cars and trucks, but my passion is and always has been bikes, perhaps someday these affordable machines, efficient machines will enable me to have a small shop/sales outlet. You never know!

Yeah, I can talk too much

4. #4 Re: Greetings from the Pacific NorthWet of America 
    Kirk, you're certainly not talking to much. I admire and sympathize with your attitude about the Chinese moto industry and the world in general. It's a little unfortunate the market is as down but its all ebb and flow you know.

Mixed with all kinds of cultural barriers, Chinese bikes have a long way to go. That said, I think Americans are generally bang-for-buck oriented and willing to buy something if they think they're getting a good value for their money. Taking a look at Korean cars is a good example. One could argue that Kia and Hyundai offer fairly competitive products in their market segment... happened pretty quickly too.... just follow the yellow brick road.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

5. #5 Re: Greetings from the Pacific NorthWet of America 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Kirk, really good to read your thoughts on motorcycling and "world community". Good luck in if/when you do your motorcycle sales/shop.