Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 hello from the land down under 
    probably should have done this b4 anything else, but being an Aussie we sometimes tend to do things backwards (maybe not anyone else down here in oz, but i sure as hell do.)

anyway bought my first road registered bike December last year, and low and behold it just happened to be a kinlon kbr200sm ( sold under that name down under )
    will have to post some pics in the next few days, internet running real slow at moment
    only mods done so far r;
    led front and rear indicators (fronts not on yet )
    all bolts except for engine ones have been swapped out for stainless steel hex head type with a liberal amount of blue locktite applied
    will be changing the rear stop/tail light and number plate holder for a slimline led one and wouldn't mind changing the front headlight from a single to twins ( as seen else where on this forum, just forget who's bike it was but it looked bloody beautiful

anyway , am of for a road trip to do the "tour DE tassie" in a few months with a few mates who both ride road bikes (cbr250rr and 2009 ninja250) so cant wait to see how it performs on those nice twisty roads against these bigger bikes, think i will have a lot more fun...................................

great forum, keep up the good work and look forward to talking to you all soon

p.s crazycarl...............................you DA man

Photo0177.jpgPhoto0183.jpgPhoto0182.jpgPhoto0235..jpg
    Attached Images
    Last edited by stromnes; 05-19-2010 at 07:51 AM. Reason: photo update
    2009 kinlon kbr200sm
    mods so far- custom gear rack, custom exhaust, custom bash plate, led indicators, led tail/stop light, 155main jet and needle set on 4th groove from top, airbox restrictor removed,front fairing shortened 75mm

2. #2 Re: hello from the land down under 
    Welcome Stromness from another who is new to this board. Having owned a 2008 250R Ninja, and soon thereafter a DR200, I can assure you that they will be waiting for you on the road riding, but after a long days ride you will have much less fatigue, and if you ever leave the tarmac, they will wish they were on your bike, no doubt!

crazycarl has done a great job here, I agree wholeheartedly.

3. #3 Re: hello from the land down under 
    Stromnes,

Sounds like you're off to a great start on your bike and I'm sure she'll progress nicely. I think the Buell Lightning twin headlamps and screen have been used on some motards to holligan them out a bit. Really though, most stock headlamps on c-motos could use some upgrading so more light is definitely better.
    Lightning lamps were not very expensive either if I recall but now that Buell has closed doors, who knows.

Nice to have you on here. Plenty of Oz-landers representing on MCM... and some with wicked looking bikes!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com