Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 A really silly but basic question ? 
    Yeah, as you may be aware, I am new to motorcycles, and my efforts with my project before hitting the road, is take the thing apart and see how it is all put together and works, a method I use to understand machinery, and how I self taught my past plant fitter trade.

So, I have what I understand might be a silly question, but, it is one I just have to ask as I need to know and am too impatient to find out as that area of the bike to study is programmed for later, if I go there now, I will forget what has to be done first. I am kind of methodical like that, in whatever I do, I programme order of operations, and stick to it, any deviation, and I completely loose track of what has been done, and needs to be done. I also beat around the bush a lot when I write too, to that you have my apologies.

Anyway, the silly question is ; Is the gearbox seperate from the engine, regarding the lubrication fluids, are there seperate oils, one for engine and one for gearbox, or do both systems share the same oil ?

Oh Yeah, the bike is the Pulse Adrenaline 125 cc (XF125GY)
    Last edited by Sprocket; 01-20-2010 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Duh