Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: Update 
    Living the dream...... Rotortrash's Avatar
    I was looking at the Qingqi factory site, and looked at a QM200GY-B(BSD)Y..... It has the FACTORY Qingqi oil cooler installed! It's filter housing has a threaded boss it lookes like for the return hose fitting, but I would think you could drill and tap this as the housing is fairly substantial. All we need is the newer parts manual to order the cooler----------

2. #22 Re: Suzuki/Qingiqi big bore kit for 125cc? 
    [QUOTE=k44rll;11141]

Does anybody know the model of that carb???
    Last edited by Overdose no WC; 07-01-2010 at 06:17 PM.

3. #23 Re: Suzuki/Qingiqi big bore kit for 125cc? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdose no WC View Post
    those anybody know the model of that carb???
    The stock carb is made by a Mikuni jv in Chengdu Model: vm22-4101

4. #24 Re: Suzuki/Qingiqi big bore kit for 125cc? 
    C-Moto Noob
    anyone tried this big bore kit yet?

I'm interested in picking one up for my 2003 suzuki DRZ 125, however my drz has a domed piston, this kit appears to be flat top. If I could find a matching head that would work with my drz I would buy one too, as mine is damaged

5. #25 Re: Suzuki/Qingiqi big bore kit for 125cc? 
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBlah View Post
    anyone tried this big bore kit yet?

I'm interested in picking one up for my 2003 suzuki DRZ 125, however my drz has a domed piston, this kit appears to be flat top. If I could find a matching head that would work with my drz I would buy one too, as mine is damaged
    That kit had domned version (same price, need contact the seller first)

6. #26 Re: Update 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by k44rll View Post
    Hi David

I read the Dr200 thead over at ADVRider ( i posted the pictures of the Japanese spec DF200's) and was going to post a link as soon as i got the oil cooler and knew it would fit

The kit contains a new oil filter housing to which a cooler pipe fits and the second one mounts on the "Main Oil Gallery Plug" as Suzuki call it.....

You can see the "Main Oil Gallery Plug" as item 9 on this DR200 parts fiche

I will post more pictures and report on quality as soon as i receive it both on here and ADV Rider

Karl
    Hi
    Karl did you already mount the oil cooler?

I want to mount a oil cooler, but the kit that you bought is too expensive for me. In Portugal when we import things from outside the EU that cost above 22€, we have to pay very high border taxes . So I decided to buy a radiator like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...id=p2759.l1259

I will have to drill the oil filter cover, but I think that will be easy.
    I also have to buy a bolt like the one from the kit you bought, to attach on the Main Oil Gallery Plug and and to allow the bolts from the kit to screw in. The bolts from the kit are a M10, Anyone knows what is the size of the Main Oil Gallery Plug (9 in the picture above)? I already searched on the brazilian manual but there is no information about the size of this plug.

I made a paper model of the radiator, I think that it can perfectly fit on the left side of the bike, like in this picture:

Attachment 1879
    Attachment 1878

Cheers
    Mario
    Last edited by superfamous; 07-01-2010 at 06:24 PM.

7. #27 Re: Suzuki/Qingiqi big bore kit for 125cc? 
    Hello Guys! I am also interested in setting up an oil cooler on my bike seems to me that the big question of all is
    : how do the oil passing through the radiator? A new gasket breaks one of the passages of oil to go through it before the radiator.
    Look at these two photos

Unfortunately I can not speak English and the google translator does not help me much because they speak Brazilian Portuguese is a little different in Portugal
    In the text I wrote above can not explain anything and I would like someone to help me.
    excuse me
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Luis Carlos; 07-01-2010 at 05:42 PM.
    Sundown 200cc STX motard

8. #28 Re: Suzuki/Qingiqi big bore kit for 125cc? 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Carlos View Post
    Hello Guys! I am also interested in setting up an oil cooler on my bike seems to me that the big question of all is
    : how do the oil passing through the radiator? A new gasket breaks one of the passages of oil to go through it before the radiator.
    Look at these two photos

Unfortunately I can not speak English and the google translator does not help me much because they speak Brazilian Portuguese is a little different in Portugal
    In the text I wrote above can not explain anything and I would like someone to help me.
    excuse me
    Hi luis
    I'm Portuguese and I understand very well your doubt. I can help you with the english (I you want PM to me please)
    I already thought about that two holes. I'm not a expert, but I thik that oil normally come out from the hole B to the Hole A, passing through the filter. If we install de radiator without doing nothing to these holes I don't know if the oil will come to the radiator or just go through the Hole A, as the oil does normally in our's bikes.
    The best thing it would be to have a picture of the oil filter case of the Suzuki DR200 TROJAN that forchetto talks about. It appears to be the same engine but with a oil radiator.

1..jpg

Thank you
    Mario

9. #29 Re: Update 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by superfamous View Post
    I also have to buy a bolt like the one from the kit you bought, to attach on the Main Oil Gallery Plug and and to allow the bolts from the kit to screw in. The bolts from the kit are a M10, Anyone knows what is the size of the Main Oil Gallery Plug (9 in the picture above)?

Cheers
    Mario
    You can buy a genuine Suzuki bolt part# 09360-14015 , this is used on the DF200 Suzuki with oil cooler. . .
    Attached Images

10. #30 Re: Update 
    C-Moto Regular
    Thanks Karl for your help

But the plug that your are talking about its the same size of the plug of Main Oil Gallery Plug, and that will not fit on the kit that I will buy, because it's too wide.
    In your Kit you have a bolt that will attach on the Main Oil Galley, and at the same time will allow that other smaller bolt will screw in it. It works like a pipe, letting the oil pass.
    Do you understand? my english is not very good.

img0756w..jpg

By the way, do you know if the radiator will work on your bike? the holes issue that I and Luis talked about is not a problem? There is not the risk that the oil won't come to the radiator, and just simply goes to the other hole in the oil filter case?
    Cheers
    Mario

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123