Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: clutch problem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: clutch problem 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    at last the cable has come only thing now i cant find the bit the nipple sits into down by the engine u can see it in davidqc 3rd picture can some1 tell me the name of this part plz as i cant look for1 as i dont no the name

2. #12 Re: clutch problem 
    The engineering term is clevis , so I guess it would be a clutch cable clevis.

Oh, a website detailing clutch cable replacement, with clutch cable clevis pictured and described ;

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?p=131294

If it is named that, just beware there are many designs of clevis, so with your clutch cable nipple in mind, know what the thing looks like, I guess the one on the Kwak forum would be something like you need.
    '07 Pioneer Pulse Adrenaline 125, ( XF 125 GY ) Suzuki clone ; K157 FMI engine

3. #13 Re: clutch problem 
    It's worth noting that some arrangments are that the clevis is a permanent fixture to the clutch cable, so it gets replaced with the cable. I suspect this is such a clevis in the pic of Sprockets XF125GY? But on my machine, and the one in the pics shown in Sprocket's superb post, the clevis is fixed to the crackcase clutch lever with a slot to take the barrel shaped nipple of the clutch cable.
    '09 Huoniao (Firebird) HN125-8 motorcycle [eBay bike-in-a-box]
    Aprilia SR50 LC Racing scoot

4. #14 Re: clutch problem 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    ?
    i dont really understand theres a pic on my other post of what mine looks like at the mo the cable i have just has the nipple on end same as a brake cable ill take some pics of it tom if its dry out side then may be some1 can piont me the right way ive done a search on ebay for clevis but it only has a few most are called pins ?

5. #15 Re: clutch problem 
    Chanley,

Based on your pics, it looks like you need something like this:

010410a053.jpg

Your cable has a connector on the end. It needs to go into this "clutch actuator arm". As you can see, there's a hinged piece at the end of the arm which is missing on yours. These pieces are usually attached to the arm itself and the whole assembly will probably need to be replaced. You could try to jerry-rig something but it probably wont be very reliable in the long run.

These parts are not expensive but it will involve draining the oil and taking off the clutch side cover. Once the cover is off, take a picture of the current assembly BEFORE you remove the arm part as this will greatly help reassembly. There is usually a little spring in there which helps return the arm to it's original closed clutch position.

Once the piece is out, you can try to match it up to pictures online or take it to a dealer and see if something matches.

Paz,
    CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

6. #16 Re: clutch problem 
    For that part alone, try a bike breakers, you can either replace the arm and clevis thing all together if you can find the correct part, but given what you know or don't know of your machine, just get any arm with the link thing fitted, seperate it from the aquired arm and fit it to yours using a clevis pin and clip, ( the clip can either be a split pin, or in the case of the boating fraternity around here, a mini sprung steel key ring). The only thing you need to know really, is the thickness of your clutch lifter arm and the slotted hole size on the bit you have missing, that can be got by measuring the stepped in part of your clutch cable nipple, where it should fit onto the clutch arm as can be seen on the picture below ;

biggun8.jpg

Pictures, nope, not my bike, my last post with the link was from a Kawasaki Ninja forum.
    '07 Pioneer Pulse Adrenaline 125, ( XF 125 GY ) Suzuki clone ; K157 FMI engine

7. #17 Re: clutch problem 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    yes this is the same 1 i need from what i can tell any1 know where i can get 1 lol cheap how easy will it be to fit as im not the best at this stuff
    o i think i found what bike it is aswell its a shineray125 with the new engine dumped in and new forks took me ages looking at pics and stuff but got to be this as the frame is spot on plastics are the same and the exhurst is same but if any1 thinks diff plz let me know.

8. #18 Re: clutch problem 
    Chanley, it's going to be some work, that's for sure. I agree with Sprocket's suggestion in taking the part, or at least a very good picture of it, to a breakers and see if they can help you match something up.

Given the nature of your ride, there's a very good chance you will have to get a little dirty!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

9. #19 Re: clutch problem 
    Hey ChinaV

What bike/engine is this picture off? It looks like a 249cm2 engine in a pulse adrenaline frame.

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    Like this:

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    Sparky
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pulse Adrenaline 125 (XF125GY-2B)

10. #20 Re: clutch problem 
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky View Post
    Hey ChinaV

What bike/engine is this picture off? It looks like a 249cm2 engine in a pulse adrenaline frame.
    It's the QingQi QM250, more info here.

Last I heard it supposed to be available in October 2010.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12