Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    According to a member on thumpertalk who has a working relationship with Pitster Pro, he insists that they are manufactured by an OEM in China, not by any actual company.

However, Puzey's South African site shows some of the lower end bikes manufactured by Galaxy-the aircooled 230cc bikes like the ones used in the Taklamaken Rally, rebadged for Puzey.

I do understand that the liquid-cooled bikes are far superior to pretty much any Chinese bike, so them being OEM'd specifically for Puzey/Pitster might be the case, and then Puzey rebadges some "lower" end bikes such as the 230cc bikes and the Xingyue 400cc bikes for the S. African market.

I'm pretty sure these 230cc Galaxy bikes are closely related to the Giovanni "250" dirt bike and the Saga "250" enduro....and maybe the Orion "250" bikes as well.

I'm hoping to get one of these (Saga 250) for a road test in a bike mag this summer. I don't know if anyone will buy the story or if Saga is interested in co-operating, but the local Sagas I have seen are sharp-looking units and I think they would be competitive with Japanese stuff for sure.
    Owned:1983 Kawasaki KZ750 , 1984 Yamaha XS650 Heritage Special, 1983 Honda Silverwing GL650 Interstate, 1981 Kawasaki KZ440 LTD, 1982 Honda Silverwing GL500
    Own:1978 Honda CB550K, 2007 Lifan GY-5 200

3. #23 Re: Galaxy Motorcycles? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    According to a member on thumpertalk who has a working relationship with Pitster Pro, he insists that they are manufactured by an OEM in China, not by any actual company.

However, Puzey's South African site shows some of the lower end bikes manufactured by Galaxy-the aircooled 230cc bikes like the ones used in the Taklamaken Rally, rebadged for Puzey.

I do understand that the liquid-cooled bikes are far superior to pretty much any Chinese bike, so them being OEM'd specifically for Puzey/Pitster might be the case, and then Puzey rebadges some "lower" end bikes such as the 230cc bikes and the Xingyue 400cc bikes for the S. African market.
    Pitster and Puzzy have their bikes manufactured at SPX in Jinagmen. Both Puzzy and Galaxy have some common suppliers thus the noticeable common parts on the bikes. The reason for both companies using the XTR moniker is that Puzzy worked with Galaxy years ago. He was hit with too many quality issues and moved his operation to SPX.

4. #24 Re: Galaxy Motorcycles? 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by chromedioxide View Post
    I think I've found the manufacturer for the pitster/puzey.

http://chinaxingyu.ecvv.com/products/1329290.html

http://chinaxingyu.ecvv.com/products/1329286.html

They have the 250 water cooled loncin engine in them and the other xingyu models are in the puzey product listing (gy-400 explorer)

It looks like they make allot of stuff that gets rebranded, is it possible that make the galaxy brand too.

according to mike puzey you are correct in your findings. he said all ? xtr´s are his design but he switched manufacturers due to quality issues. and now xingyu is the one

5. #25 Re: Galaxy Motorcycles? 
    C-Moto Senior
    Galaxy did not exist years ago….
    The Pitsterpro bikes are all contracted manufacturing as the SMC bikes are; through Galaxy.
    Some of the Pitsterpro are being manufactures by XingYu Group.
    Did SMC design the bikes Galaxy sells? Did Pitsterpro design the bikes that XingYu Group sells?
    Maybe... but I would think that they both are buying production out of pre-designed model lines adding decals and a re-branded names.
    It s not to say that they cannot design to be manufactured, but for them to claim they did and are is a stretch. What next claims that they designed the Loncin engine that they share and all the common parts as well?
    I do not think requesting a certain configuration off the shelve constitutes designing, a bit like saying that moving the furniture around makes you an interior decorator.
    At least Galaxy has an identity with a real physical address outside of being just another group of manufactures.
    I would not expect too much difference if they share a common engine…. Loncin is sticking its neck way out with the engine….I actually hope its durable as all hell. SMC is only offering a 90 day warranty, what Pitsterpro offering?
    If you are manufacturing a bike and using an engine made by another manufacturer, what comes with that other than volume discounts? Is Loncin backing them, wouldn’t that be a bite in the crotch if the engine is actually warranted and replaced free to everyone but you the final consumer?
    A new 250cc engine all strung out and with only 90 day assurance on it?
    A would bet that Loncin offers a price and guaranteed for a duration against failure under normal use. Or they may say this price and no guarantee? Then the manufacture assume the liability, then if they do not the distributor does, if they do not then you do.
    Wow that engine is relatively new….but Loncin is not hiding so lets see how they hold up.

6. #26 Re: Galaxy Motorcycles? 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Eeeer, ummmm, weeellll, uhhhh, welcome to the forum, sahara2010. Your posts are interesting indeed, and I'd venture a guess that I'm not the only member who's wondering which corner of the galaxy you are writing from. How about a quick self-intro? Would like to know what you ride and where you ride it. Would be great if you could update your profile with location, etc.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

7. #27 Re: Galaxy Motorcycles? 
    C-Moto Guru
    He's spamming old threads with garbage to hide the website address he's trying to promote. My guess is he's a bot.

8. #28 Re: Galaxy Motorcycles? 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    I was thinking the same thing, but this chinabuye.com does not work, at least not here inside the firewall. so i thought i'd ask. so much deception on the web. depressing.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

9. #29 Re: Galaxy Motorcycles? 
    Zapola!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

10. #30 Re: Galaxy Motorcycles? 
    Wow, just like mosquitoes! You zap one and 4 more arrive!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast