Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 what bike is this any one know 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    !BjL0J3gBGk~$(KGrHqMOKiUEsnyo2yb7BLShr(qQUg~~_12.jpgbrought this other day was told its a suzuko 200cc it does say that on enginecover and seat but i cant find any info on google about at all ive been told its the same bike as a gy 125 200 and kinrod is this ture and info u can give me would be great so i can find parts .
    great site by the way i new to bikes and spent awhile reading posts on here and some great info about.

2. #2 Re: what bike is this any one know 
    Chanley,

That's an interesting bike you have there! Where are you from?

Your bike looks like it's a mixture of many bikes... sometimes we call these "Franken-bikes".

The engine looks like a Honda based engine but getting a second opinion on that would not be bad.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

3. #3 Re: what bike is this any one know 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    thanks for ur reply im from the uk england huddersfield i got the bike as a project to use as a field bike it does say suzuko on engine and seat and i was told it was 200cc im just trying to find out so i can buy parts it needs a acc cable and a cutuch cable and i dont know what to buy .

4. #4 Re: what bike is this any one know 
    What's the first 8-digit of the "VIN"? I may help u to decode who made the bike & the engine was made in-house or out-sourced by comaring infos in chinese pges.
    Last edited by humanbeing; 01-23-2010 at 06:28 AM.

5. #5 Re: what bike is this any one know 
    Quote Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
    What's the first 8-digit of the "VIN"? I may help u to decode who made the bike & the engine was made in-house or out-sourced by comaring infos in chinese pges.
    This would certainly help, having the first 8 alphanumerics of the VIN.

Chanley02 gives the engine as 163FMI, which is a single cyl four stroke air-cooled 125cc unit - yet he says it's 200cc. Can only think it has a big bore kit fitted? Mmm....as CC says, a Franken-Bike! Unless the engine no. is 163FML

Chanley02, it would help even more to have the make and model numbers from the V5 and check engine no is 163FMI and not 163FML.

Over to you Bro.
    '09 Huoniao (Firebird) HN125-8 motorcycle [eBay bike-in-a-box]
    Aprilia SR50 LC Racing scoot

6. #6 Re: what bike is this any one know 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    it mght just be a 125 im not sure to be honest im only going on what the person said it was im thinking its a skyteam 125 from what ive seen i only have 1 side plastic and 1 tank plastic i saw a set the same on ebay and he said they was for a crf or skyteam ill check number on engine again for u where on the bike would i find the vin on frame i had a good look but never found it but ill look again.
    as it could be a L at the end its just hard to make out if it is a L at end does that mean its a 200cc.

7. #7 Re: what bike is this any one know 
    I knew you were in Britain, I recognised the rain.

Sometimes on engines, the displacement is marked on the bottom of the cyliner, under the cooling fins. Failing that a pretty good guess could be had by measuring the depth of the piston stroke, this can be done by shoving a rod through the plug hole and moving the flywheel to the bottom stroke, or remove the cylinder and measure the wear mark on the cylinder wall and measuring the diameter of the cylinder use the formula for measuring the volume of a cylinder. Yeah a bit of a job, but at least you can scrutinise the rings at the same time.

I think there is another method one can use too, involving fluid, either measure out 125cc, 200cc or whatever of oil and injecting it into the spark plug hole, if you bung in 200cc, and don't all fit in, you know what it is not. Or inject oil in, until it gets to the bottom of the spark plug hole, then suck it out, ( with syringe or similar), into a fluid measure. To get the oil out, crank the motor, it will eject most of it, all over the place, shove in the plug and run the motor if it will run, might have to clean the plug a few times from being shorted out with oil, but when it fires and runs, the blue smoke will tell you it's burning off, either that or just let the residue drain through the rings into the sump.

Looking at the bike though, I am thinking pit bike here, or an early version of it, they I believe run with 125, 140,200, 250 cc capacities, perhaps try asking on a pit bike forum.
    '07 Pioneer Pulse Adrenaline 125, ( XF 125 GY ) Suzuki clone ; K157 FMI engine

8. #8 Re: what bike is this any one know 
    Quote Originally Posted by chanley02 View Post
    it mght just be a 125 im not sure... ill check number on engine again for u where on the bike would i find the vin on frame i had a good look but never found it but ill look again.
    as it could be a L at the end its just hard to make out if it is a L at end does that mean its a 200cc.
    It's just I can't find any listing on the Chinese data bases for a 163FMI (the 'I' is for a 125cc). But there is one for a 163FML - the 'L' is for 200cc or just under.

So I guess you don't have the V5? Bummer.
    '09 Huoniao (Firebird) HN125-8 motorcycle [eBay bike-in-a-box]
    Aprilia SR50 LC Racing scoot

9. #9 Re: what bike is this any one know 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    i bet its a l then so it is a 200cc i dont have any papers or owt for the bike i just got it as it is in the pic and a few plastics with it i have some pics of the plastics i have would this help find out what bike it is i thought it was a gy but i brought a set of plastics they dont fit but looking more is rather a old crf frame with this engine in or a skyteam as the 2 plastics i have match them.
    i just wish i could find the right cables so i can ride the thing lol u guys are doing a great job in helping me thxs

10. #10 Re: what bike is this any one know 
    Problems are fun.

Vin number, well on mine, it is on the headset tube where the steering is, dotted in vertically. If it is there on yours, it might be under paint judging by what you said about it looking like it has been repainted. It might be helpful if other members say where their vin nunber is on their bikes of different manufacturer, so you can get ideas of where to look
    '07 Pioneer Pulse Adrenaline 125, ( XF 125 GY ) Suzuki clone ; K157 FMI engine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast