Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: what bike is this any one know 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    lol covered in paint lad that had this bike bike before made a mess of it as u can see look at the folks and plastics i think he wanted it to look like a kx125 lol with the green kaw paint but im working on that i have ordered a universal clutch cable only 6 quid so thought id try it .

2. #12 Re: what bike is this any one know 
    Chanley, way to be persistent. I've spent some time looking at the photo of your bike and think you have a super Franken-ride.

The way the exhaust pipe just bends out and comes back tells me a new engine was dropped in a frame and they added the simplest workable exhaust system they could on there (be careful about that pipe BTW). The plastics don't make much sense to me and I can't visibly find any two pieces that really look like they could be from the same set. I think the universal was a good move and will at least give you something to work with. Balancing the cable housing length with the cable length can be more mysterious than I originally thought. When you find the right size combination, take it to a part place and see if you can find a standnard (non-universal) unit that matches or comes very close to yours. Install the standard one and if it works, be sure to write down what model cable it is and maybe even buy an extra if they aren't too expensive.

It's nice to have an extra cable around sometimes.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

3. #13 Re: what bike is this any one know 
    C-Moto Noob ChinaPartsCanada.com's Avatar
    Hi Chanley02,

You can spend a lot of time trying to figure out who made your bike but unless it has a VIN plate on it your guess is as good as anyones. Even with a VIN plate that says it is made by Chongqing Motorcylce manufacturing Co. Ltd., sadly that isn't even always the truth. I have known containers of bikes and ATVs that have made it into Canada and the USA with 'shall we say' borrowed WMI plates. The name in the bike is almost certainly a name that some importer in your country made up trying to protect themselves from others trying to buy from the same factory and also they likely had big visitions of being the next Honda or Yamaha marketing their brand to the masses. For companies like mine that help people like you to keep your bike running the more info on the bike and the parts you need the better and pictures of your bike and the parts that you are looking for are always helpful.

Make a list of what you are looking for, take lots of pictures if you can and that way when a company like mine goes to find your parts in China my staff there have a much better chance of getting it right hte first time.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Art

By the way VIN = Vehicle Identification Number and WMI is the guys that control those numbering systems = World Manufacturer Identifier
    1-888-776-7753
    http://www.chinapartscanada.com

I ride a Chinese made 250cc water cooled sports quad and just bought a 1982 Yamaha Midnight Maxim to ride while I restore a 1981 Yamaha Maxim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12