Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 weaponry required, URGENT 
    I nearly got killed TWICE on my usual 30km round trip to the shops today! Once by a stupid female who pulled out from a side road when I was only 25 meters away at 80 odd kph. Fortunately I was slowing down defensively anyway. The second was an idiot male in a flash mercedes sportscar who decided my signals and hand signal for turning right was meaningless and overtook me at well over 120 kph just as I started to turn ... I had forgotten how F*****G careless car drivers are. Anyway, seeing as how the chinese bike manufacturers are making nice knock-off bikes these days for the proletariat like me, I want to put in a request for matching knock-off weaponry. I think a .357 magnum would have done for the female driver and her little buzz-box car but the Merc would have needed an RPG (recoilless version) to take it out. I would suggest an after-market HUD targeting device and voice-command firing would save a lot of steering wobbles. Any other ideas? I am too old for the 'faster bike to catch'em and a length of lead pipe' solution that worked so well in my earlier riding days back in the UK.

2. #2 Re: weaponry required, URGENT 
    Well you could always get one of those retina tracking helmets like they use in helicopters that are linked to auto-locking cannons under the nose.

In a case of bikes, I'm not sure where you'd put it and still hold all the ammo I mean... there would be added weight to think about.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

3. #3 Re: weaponry required, URGENT 
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Well you could always get one of those retina tracking helmets like they use in helicopters that are linked to auto-locking cannons under the nose.

In a case of bikes, I'm not sure where you'd put it and still hold all the ammo I mean... there would be added weight to think about.

CC
    A paint-ball gun should do the job. Doesn't harm but scares the s..t out of such idiots
    Andy

4. #4 Re: weaponry required, URGENT 
    Quote Originally Posted by chinabiker View Post
    A paint-ball gun should do the job. Doesn't harm but scares the s..t out of such idiots
    Yeah but I WANT to harm them!
    CC, I reckon some good thoughtful design could use the bars as a tube magazine for a small auto-cannon mounted central on the bars. I shall have to think about it!
    When I was driving around the cities years ago I guess a dozen small incidents would happen a week, but on the roads I drive now you see a vehicle every two or three miles at most and these were two real close call in ten minutes, luck as much as anything stopped me being flattened, peripheral vision with the merc and anticipation with the other.
    Many years ago I would ride alongside and accidentally scrape the finish off their pretty cars with my steel studded boots and give them a leer and hope they would stop and ask for trouble ... nowadays I just want to get home safely to my rocking-chair and hot milk.

5. #5 Re: weaponry required, URGENT 
    C-Moto Noob
    totally agree its funny how you become invisible as soon as you cock your leg over the saddle,i have come to the conclusion is every bike must have a built in cloaking device

6. #6 Re: weaponry required, URGENT 
    I am sure most riders have a story or two, and you are right about the klingon cloaking device (i have a kinlon lol), we disappear to motorists even with our flashing lights and hand-signals - i think they hate us subconsciously because we always leave 'em flat at the traffic lights and can weave through traffic jams.

Maybe if I got a Harley and colours they would suddenly 'see' me better ... my old bikey mates back in the UK would piss on me if they saw me today, on a 200 cc chinese dirt-bike with a red dayglo waistcoat and 3m tape ...

7. #7 Re: weaponry required, URGENT 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Strap paint ball guns to your bike, one aim at in front of your bike and one towards the back of the bike and wire the trigger to your horn. Make sure you aim at the wind shield
    2003 BMW F650 CS
    2006 BMW F650 GS
    1982 Kawasaki
    Beijing <- New York <- Den Haag <- Paris <- Rotterdam <- Philadelphia <-London<- Minneapolis <- Mountain View <- Tysons Corner <- New York

8. #8 Re: weaponry required, URGENT 
    Jape, first try with this...

Icon_Mil-Spec_Motorcycle_Vest.jpg

If it doesn't help, find those guys...

hwwosy.jpg
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

9. #9 Re: weaponry required, URGENT 
    Quote Originally Posted by pennstlong View Post
    Strap paint ball guns to your bike, one aim at in front of your bike and one towards the back of the bike and wire the trigger to your horn. Make sure you aim at the wind shield
    That'll work better than you may think. The modern pball gun triggers are activated by electronic solenoids. Set up should be SUPER easy and you can software set the rate of fire to around 5-10 balls per second! Good way to screw someone's visiblity.... and it will only get worse if they try to wipe it off.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

10. #10 Re: weaponry required, URGENT 
    sometimes chinese roads are also more "battlefields" than streets!

btw: these gunmen on the tiny bike look somehow "special"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast