Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Jing A BMW F650 CS 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi All,

I am considering selling my legal Jing A (black plate) BMW F650 CS, in anticipating a possible work related move. If it turns out I have to move, it will work out, and if it doesn't, I'd want to get a bigger bike anyway.

2003 F650 CS, was imported here by BMW motorrad for a movie. 6,000 miles with regular service performed. 65000 RMB (OR equiv in USD or Euros) or you can make me a offer.

This bike is registered in Beijing.

Here are some pictures
    My Bike 2.jpg My Bike 1.jpg My Bike 4.jpg
    Last edited by pennstlong; 02-17-2010 at 04:22 AM.
    2003 BMW F650 CS
    2006 BMW F650 GS
    1982 Kawasaki
    Beijing <- New York <- Den Haag <- Paris <- Rotterdam <- Philadelphia <-London<- Minneapolis <- Mountain View <- Tysons Corner <- New York

2. #2 Re: Jing A BMW F650 CS 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    OK, send me a PM, as I'm interested in the bike. Doesn't need to come with the plate (though I'm a taker if it comes with it), as I'm not based in BJ.
    Can you confirm:
    - that the bike comes with green book and blue license folder?
    - has been owned by two owners?
    - what year was it imported by motorrad into China?
    - what year did you purchase it?
    - any accident damage/repair that you know of?
    - can the plate be transferred to a new owner (or more likely a new plate issued)?
    - if the latter then the bike has to get a "second hand" fapio [tax], to then apply to have transfer of legal owner (hence this involves cancelling current plate in your name, then the second hand fapio in my name, then application for another plate [probably need to do that here]) ...If this is the case then will you pay for the fapio (tax).
    - See from your bike list you have a 2006 model as well, is that for sale too?

I'm definitely interested so PM me.
    cheers

3. #3 Re: Jing A BMW F650 CS 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    OK, send me a PM, as I'm interested in the bike. Doesn't need to come with the plate (though I'm a taker if it comes with it), as I'm not based in BJ.
    Can you confirm:
    - that the bike comes with green book and blue license folder? Yes, both, as well as the custom import document
    - has been owned by two owners? - Yes, it lists my name and the guy who I bought it from
    - what year was it imported by motorrad into China? - I need to check, think it was 2003 or 2004, but it has only been registered in 2006
    - what year did you purchase it? - July 2007
    - any accident damage/repair that you know of?
    Well, I dropped the bike once at low speed. left side tank panel was replaced and the mirror was replaced. No big deal. I got a new battery installed last winter. That is as much as I know.

- can the plate be transferred to a new owner (or more likely a new plate issued)? - As far as I know for Beijing, a new plate has to be issued. The cost of the plate transfer will be extra, however, I can forward you the shop who can take care of that for you.

- if the latter then the bike has to get a "second hand" fapio [tax], to then apply to have transfer of legal owner (hence this involves cancelling current plate in your name, then the second hand fapio in my name, then application for another plate [probably need to do that here]) ...If this is the case then will you pay for the fapio (tax). [b]

- See from your bike list you have a 2006 model as well, is that for sale too? -
    - Yes, but that bike is in New York.

cheers
    Hi BikerDoc,

PM Sent
    2003 BMW F650 CS
    2006 BMW F650 GS
    1982 Kawasaki
    Beijing <- New York <- Den Haag <- Paris <- Rotterdam <- Philadelphia <-London<- Minneapolis <- Mountain View <- Tysons Corner <- New York