Nurses and those involved in ER/casualty departments of hospitals are invaluable for advice when it comes to choosing road protection, for they see it all. One nurse I know says quite clearly, don't ride a motorcycle, as even with the best gear, we are still kind of squishy when it comes to hard objects and velocity. But hey, what is life without risk, we all risk on a daily basis, what lessens our chance of coming unstuck, is knowledge and a healthy dose of self preservation.

I will always be a slow rider, my thought processing speed is not good, below average I am told, but with a lifelong interest in slow vehicles, I can manage at my pace of life, what I am more scared of on the road, is the half asleep wankers in their heated, sound and road proofed cages only a few steps behind press a button and arrive at the destination with no thought involved car pilots.

Maybe a good idea, a website from a medics point of view and a manufacturers point of view, so we can all choose what protection we need for what we do on two wheels based upon the people who have to pick up the pieces.