Today, I ventured to take the spark plug out of my XF125GY, and really to find out what size plug spanner I need to order for the tool box. Anyway, pulling the plug, the running condition is fine, I can see no problems with it, if it is a tadge sooty, but that might be the few miles it has done since, well, that so service it had in November. I was expecting to find the spark plug as being an NGK DR8EA, as I believe that is the one recommended for these engines, but it was not one of those, it was a NGK CR8E, so, I have to ask, what plug should be fitted to these engines ?

Also I plan to go for the Iridium plug, because the finer electrode wire requires less voltage to work, there making the best possible use of the Motorcycle ignition system, which I believe tends to be low powered, the finer electrodes are recommended for low displacement engines. I understand the theory behind the Iridium plug, so I will fit one of those at some point, but first, I wish to know exactly what normal type spark plug should be fitted, and is there any problem with the CR8E I have fitted ?