Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Big Three Become One 
    According to the "United Morning Post", Jianshe, Jialing and Qingqi are planning to merge. Will the entire production of motorcycles for the China Ordnance Equipment Corporation be based in Chongqing? I wonder what will happen to the production of QingQi's in Jinan?

You can read more at http://www.chinamotorworld.com/viewnews.asp?id=1020

Cheers!
    ChinaV

2. #2 Re: Big Three Become One 
    A nice spot that ChinaV. A very interesting website too. Don't know how I missed it...
    '09 Huoniao (Firebird) HN125-8 motorcycle [eBay bike-in-a-box]
    Aprilia SR50 LC Racing scoot

3. #3 Re: Big Three Become One 
    My guess is each division will likely focus on a particular product/vehicle line. Having dozens of manufacturers competing within themselves and spreading their genius thin isn't necessarily a good thing. Perhaps QingQi will produces bikes, Jianshe ATV's, Jialing scooters or what have you.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

4. #4 Re: Big Three Become One 
    C-Moto Senior
    There is a perpetual domestic growth, so they claim…then its all a matter of efficiency and the relative operating costs. The object is reducing unit costs; without compromising; actually improving quality. Then that’s about relegating the unit profits into process improvements and marketing and distribution to keep it all going and support also to keep it all going. Then also R&D to keep it all moving forward. The change will more than likely be about collectivization of functions.
    Consolidating functional levels that can be and should be consolidated, sharing the same supporting functions. Distribution sales and after market support, then R&D to improve the offerings.
    They are all about the business end of it now, seeking all the tools and talent to manage it. I would not expect any drastic changes in offerings while they have high growth in sales. I would expect to see improved products and support of them. Because after the dust settles it's the best products that will remain and only those that support them or offer better support of them, as in attention to details; those will rise above the rest. But they have to be efficient which is limiting, so they consolidate.

New and different get hammered out, then held in the barrel and released in timely manner. They really need to differentiate offering to the variety of outside markets as well. But not until they can support them.