Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Xingyue XY400GY, available in China? 
    I've been hunting around for a pure road bike for my next machine which has a little more power than my current machine. I have seen photos of the bike before, but different manufacturers were claiming they made it so I was slightly skeptical.

Bike is a 22kw water-cooled 387cc single, which on my local roads would really be enough power. This engine is probably a Yamaha 'Big Bear' quad engine tweeked for a road bike, as this factory produces quads and ATV's with these engines. Whether it's official, blueprinted, or low grade out of patent copy, I'm unsure.

Before I phone the factory anyone got any info on this bike and company? Export only? China price? Road legal (CCC)?
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

2. #2 Re: Xingyue XY400GY, available in China? 
    I tried dealing with Xingyue but they couldn't provide any evidence of their bikes being registered in China. They quoted 17,800 for the XY400Y-2 dualsport so I doubt the XY400GY would be much cheaper.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

3. #3 Re: Xingyue XY400GY, available in China? 
    Quote Originally Posted by China V
    I tried dealing with Xingyue but they couldn't provide any evidence of their bikes being registered in China.
    Sounds like a familiar story!

I think a sub 20,000 is reasonable given the displacement, considering 25,000 for a YBR250 and 30,000 for the Jialing 600, does depend on the quality though.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

4. #4 Re: Xingyue XY400GY, available in China? 
    C-Moto Senior
    You aren't going to see a lot of improvement with this over what you have. You are essentially going from 18 to 30 hp but it's a lot heavier. I dunno. The price is right. The Shineray 250's water cooled are going to be similar power to weight ratio.

5. #5 Re: Xingyue XY400GY, available in China? 
    True the water-cooled 249cc Shineray's are a similar power to weight. But when are any of these bikes gonna be road legal? I've phoned and asked Shineray again and again about their motard, no response or how many container loads do you want? Shineray dealers 'is there a road version, what's that?' 'It's like the dirt bike right here, except it has smaller wheels and lights! Is it road legal yet?' I ask for the tenth freakin' time! We'll phone you when we know (no phone call ever received later.............) Oh, but they have road legal 233cc singles to buy, but why bother if it has less power than what I have already?! I don't hold out any hope for Xingyue either.

If nobody rides your bike.......even in the country it is made.......then there is no information about it......then other people desire it less......and the bike cannot be improved......and the company have a nothing reputation. To be fair Regal Raptor, Qingqi, Galaxy and a few others are trying, admittedly in a tough environment but there are some manufacturers with potentially good products that are failing so badly with their marketing and publicity.
    Last edited by ZMC888; 02-04-2010 at 03:02 PM.

6. #6 Re: Xingyue XY400GY, available in China? 
    C-Moto Senior
    Dude, the Shineray 250 cc watercooled sportbike, enduro and motard are available at the shop just up the street from me in Shanghai, street legal too. The only thing that has prevented me from pulling the trigger is an unstable employment situation and the 45,000 rmb required for a Shanghai plate (I am going to get something from Zhenjiang or Jiangsu). Pop over to your local Shineray dealer and have a looksee.

7. #7 Re: Xingyue XY400GY, available in China? 
    Quote Originally Posted by iamcanjim View Post
    Pop over to your local Shineray dealer and have a looksee.
    I think that's part of the problem. For some reason your Shineray dealer and local registry seem to be much more advanced than the ones we are trying to deal with. Every time I have inquired, they state the bike is not certified for road use in China and a plate can not be issued. QingQi, Galaxy, Jialing etc are a piece of cake, seems kind of strange .

Can't believe they ask 45k for a motorcycle plate in Shanghai, that's just insane feel your pain man...

Cheers!
    ChinaV

8. #8 Re: Xingyue XY400GY, available in China? 
    I think the idea of registering a fairly lightweight bike more powerful than 15KW sends shudders of fear through the Gong An licensing departments of many provinces. Although possibly in Shanghai the financial costs to register the bike may be enough to calm their fears!

Be careful, the shops may tell people that their water-cooled Shinerays can be registered even if they can't, hoping someone will pay up front for the bike before it is registered, then play the eternal delaying game. If you have seen registered Shinerays, great, but the only one I've ever seen was a badged 150cc similar to the long march, the factory did a sneaky 233cc engine swap for their customer, so log book/blue said 150cc, but bike really had 233 single air cooled engine. All makes me think that Shineray don't have the 'guanxi' to register many of their bikes, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

9. #9 Re: Xingyue XY400GY, available in China? 
    C-Moto Senior
    You are right, I have not seen any 250 cc shinerays on the street.

The dealer near my house seems to be a premium dealer. They sell new BMW's on one side (starting at 250,000 rmb) and Suzuki, Shineray, Lifeng Regal Raptor and Benelli on the other side.

Also, I haven't really been able to talk to them. MY girlfriend hates translating Chinese for me, so enh.

10. #10 Re: Xingyue XY400GY, available in China? 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    True the water-cooled 249cc Shineray's are a similar power to weight. But when are any of these bikes gonna be road legal? I've phoned and asked Shineray again and again about their motard, no response or how many container loads do you want? Shineray dealers 'is there a road version, what's that?' 'It's like the dirt bike right here, except it has smaller wheels and lights! Is it road legal yet?' I ask for the tenth freakin' time! We'll phone you when we know (no phone call ever received later.............) Oh, but they have road legal 233cc singles to buy, but why bother if it has less power than what I have already?! I don't hold out any hope for Xingyue either.

If nobody rides your bike.......even in the country it is made.......then there is no information about it......then other people desire it less......and the bike cannot be improved......and the company have a nothing reputation. To be fair Regal Raptor, Qingqi, Galaxy and a few others are trying, admittedly in a tough environment but there are some manufacturers with potentially good products that are failing so badly with their marketing and publicity.
    dealing with shineray... what i just got from my chinese contact....

I've contacted the shinerary motorcycle company,
    they told me, there is no XY250GY-2 in hand.
    and the people also told me the quality of this
    motorbike is not good.
    And they ask me to contact their company in Chengdu.
    I'm contacting.........

And please you check more information about this bike,
    is it really not that good as the man in Chongqing company
    said?

:-)
    guess i have to go for another bike...
    anything new on the

Xingyue XY400GY, available in China?

front?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast