Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: DB200B / SHINERAY GY7 Canadian review 
    Congrats guys! You twos are quite likely the only people in North America to be riding these bikes!

Sorry to hear about the parts availablilty from ZStar but it may be worth stocking up on some of the consumables. Looks like ol' Ken already has the bases covered!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

2. #12 Re: DB200B / SHINERAY GY7 Canadian review 
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Congrats guys! You twos are quite likely the only people in North America to be riding these bikes!

Sorry to hear about the parts availablilty from ZStar but it may be worth stocking up on some of the consumables. Looks like ol' Ken already has the bases covered!

CC
    I got them covered but I owe it all to Art from www.chinapartscanada.com . He knows what he's talking about,does not sale or endorse any machines ( is impartial ), is willing to work with you to get the right stuff and works very hard to have the consumables in stock here in Canada for your china bike no matter what the make.Art gives me the confidence to ride my china bike and enjoy it.

I've added my old mech company on to his to be a parts distributer but more so I can help other in my area to keep their china machines running by having a reliable supply on parts at a fair price.

s

3. #13 Re: DB200B / SHINERAY GY7 Canadian review 
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersignet View Post
    Hi Kens.

I'm on my second one now and a few of my friends have bought them. Make sure you go over the bike like a screw tightening mad man. I would also recomend upgrading the bearings as mine barely lasted 7000km and upon inspection looked rather shotty. The bike has a lot of potentinal and it is fun in the mountains.

Expect your speedo to be broken in a few days. They just rattle themselves to pieces.

Inspect your output shaft / front sprocket mount. Some of the bikes come with lose tollerences and have been known to sheer the splines on the output shaft.
    Supersig..

Which bearings are you refering to??

4. #14 Re: DB200B / SHINERAY GY7 Canadian review 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi folks finally got around to getting the DB200B KOMANDO bike together.The bike was delivered to my door and was not too much drama to put together.There was no assembly instructions but it did come with a owners and part book so with a bit of common sense and x2 hours of my life it came together.I found a few nuts and bolts that were loose as with the exhaust system.The battery is a maint free one and had 12.9 volts . I put it on the battery tender and it took a full charge in a few hours.I removed the fuel cell/seat/side panels and gave the machine the once over.The bike seems to be well made and the redundant systems are a bonus.I put some petrol in the tank hit the starter and it fired right up.A small adjustment to the idle and it purred like a basket full of kittens.I am going to get the bike legal for the road and swap out the moto x tyres for a set of KENDA ENDURO tyres with a 80% street / 20% dirt pattern.What I would like to know is WHAT IS THE PROPER FRONT AND REAR AXEL BOLT TORQUES [ FT/LBS PLEASE ] WHAT IS THE NGK SPARK PLUG THAT WILL FIT THE BIKE? I will be riding the bike for the first time today so I will let you maniacs know what I think. cheers!

5. #15 Re: DB200B / SHINERAY GY7 Canadian review 
    Got the bike out today and road it in all types of stuff. The bike handles great ,has power to spare and the gearing is decent.The biggest concern so far is the soft front shocks but I will get that solved in time.

Over all a very solid ride.

6. #16 Re: DB200B / SHINERAY GY7 Canadian review 
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBA ZANETTI View Post
    Hi folks finally got around to getting the DB200B KOMANDO bike together.The bike was delivered to my door and was not too much drama to put together.There was no assembly instructions but it did come with a owners and part book so with a bit of common sense and x2 hours of my life it came together.I found a few nuts and bolts that were loose as with the exhaust system.The battery is a maint free one and had 12.9 volts . I put it on the battery tender and it took a full charge in a few hours.I removed the fuel cell/seat/side panels and gave the machine the once over.The bike seems to be well made and the redundant systems are a bonus.I put some petrol in the tank hit the starter and it fired right up.A small adjustment to the idle and it purred like a basket full of kittens.I am going to get the bike legal for the road and swap out the moto x tyres for a set of KENDA ENDURO tyres with a 80% street / 20% dirt pattern.What I would like to know is WHAT IS THE PROPER FRONT AND REAR AXEL BOLT TORQUES [ FT/LBS PLEASE ] WHAT IS THE NGK SPARK PLUG THAT WILL FIT THE BIKE? I will be riding the bike for the first time today so I will let you maniacs know what I think. cheers!
    The manual for my Qlink (Qingqi) is showing 60 nm both front and back. This converts to 44.25 ft/lbs. Hope this helps.

7. #17 Re: DB200B / SHINERAY GY7 Canadian review 
    I got out on the May long weekend and put on some KM's out in the Kinbasket lake are of British Columbia. This area ia a man made resivoir that flood over 300 km of valleys. It even floods over a few old towns and parts of the historic CRP line.It is also the head waters and source of the mighty Columbia river that flows threw the USA.

In May when the water is low it is an awsome place to ride as the old valley bottom is now like a moon scape of thick dry glaicier mud.Anyways the GY7 ran very well in all type of conditions.I found a "wet spot" out on the lake bottom and got realy stuck at one point. Thankfully I was able to convince my wife to stop laughing at me and help me out of the goo...

The only issue I had with the GY7 was that a front caliper pin came looose and fell out. I unbolted the whole front caliper and tied it up on the front rack and kept going.

I did order new plastics in O/D and a new speedo cable (to replace the damaged on that came with the bike new) and spare air cleaners ( for back up).The rims I ordered in black got shipped in chrome so no black rims for me :) . My next projects are to find some better rear shocks.

Over all I am still very happy with the bike and it's performance

8. #18 Re: DB200B / SHINERAY GY7 Canadian review 
    Some pictures from Kinbasket region trip
    Attached Images

9. #19 Re: DB200B / SHINERAY GY7 Canadian review 
    More pictures.

How do you guys like the custom case I built to hold my "defender" . This whole region is full of wolfs,bears and other mean critters when you get up into the hills.

The larger quad with the front case is a TGB 425 cc unit made in Tiwan.Father in law loves it. Other unit is a yamaha timber wolf 250 4x4.

Oh ya...no school bus jokes about my crew cab truck...LOL
    Attached Images

10. #20 Re: DB200B / SHINERAY GY7 Canadian review 
    Landscape shots

The shot with everyone standing by the concrete is actualy the old town of Breaverfoot CPR bridge that from the 1890 that get flooded over as the snow pack melt to fill the resevoir.They are standing directly on the old rail road bed.Just behind me from where I was taking the photo is the concrete foundation of the rail station.
    Attached Images

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast