Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: My new JH600

Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 616242526272836 ... LastLast
  1. #251 Re: My new JH600 
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfaelzer View Post
    Hi milton,
    Thanks a lot milton for bringing this link into my tread - that's exactly why I have launched it. Very interesting. I one of your links I could see pictures of the air-filter:

air-filter thread

Can anyone explain, what that guy is writing here and what are his thoughts about it? I also found this weird looking "insert" inside the filter-box and I still couldn't figure out, why it is in there. In general I don't like this box. It seems too small and the air-intake is very low, therefore dangerous, when going through deeper waters.
    Hi AW,

I do read Chinese but unfortunately not very technical on mechanical matters. As far as I can gather from the write-up, the writer suggested to take out the front part of the plastic cover (inlet) of the air filter chamber, and also take out a "谐振腔" (resonance cavity ??) inside the chamber, which i guess is what you called as the "insert". In other word, the "insert" you indicated is inbuilt originally, and was suggested to be taken out "to improve the air flow", not something to be added in. Again, the writer claims immediate benefits after the mods.
    I am afraid i can't help much more than this literal translation here.

Cheers,
    Milton

2. #252 Re: My new JH600 
    Hong Kong, China, Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam, USA, Pirmasens
    Thanks Milton,

I was wondering, why this "resonance cavity" was placed in at the first place by Jialing. Resonance sounds a bit like sound... Could be for sound reduction maybe? Resonance is also used related to the airflow in the inlet and the exhaust. Since the airflow is pulsing, the theory is to create a air-flow frequency, which helps pushing dynamically air into the intake and open inlet-valve to get a better charge. Hmmm...

Taking out this insert and the cover could make the air-box surely louder... It's worth a try - can be replaced at any time. Especially with the muffler and air-filter change I have done on the bike. Really too bad that there is no way to check the power-curve.

Greetings, AW.
    Modifications and talk around the JH600

My New JH600

3. #253 Re: My new JH600 
    Those inserts usually are to reflect sound waves to reduce induction noise as you say AW. I spoke to a bikie mate who also race-tuned bikes once upon a time and he said same as you, without a tuning computer and a knowledgeable rider over a couple of race days, it is all hit and miss and will alter depending on conditions, even air humidity and altitude. The factors involved are too varied for me to understand. He pointed me at this article: it is Ducati based but worth the read, an excellent articel, and my mate will try and find me some notes of this quality on muffler modding too!
    http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...sonance-69877/
    Note the bit that talks about a resonator effect before you take any bits out my friends ...
    Also that some inserts are shaped to act as a venturi, so if you know any physics you will know that if you take them out, you will LOSE airflow.lol

4. #254 Side Panel Modification 
    Hi,

back from summer leave and some traveling, I slowly start picking up on bike work and reporting again. August will still be busy for me, but in September I will have more time again. Progressive front springs have arrived in the workshop and need to go in....

Until then, here a update on the side panel work, which made some progress but is not yet final.

SIDE PANEL MODIFICATION - edited 08-23-2010

Here a picture of the status - more in the above post.

Can't wait to be back in the garage with some more time. I see we also have a new challenge on the chain guard, which created some trouble for some riders according to recent posts...

So long.
    Aw.

My New JH600

5. #255 JH 600 Parts Manual 
    Hi all,

I found this parts manual very useful to order parts and to see the assembly details. It seems, that for some of the JH600 riders it is not easy to get this manual, so please feel free to use below link to download the pdf file.

The scan is a bit rough but I think it is possible to read all numbers and see the details. Use below link to download (6.8MB):

JH600 Parts Manual

Cheers,
    AW.
    Last edited by Pfaelzer; 09-15-2010 at 08:36 AM.

My New JH600

6. #256 Re: JH 600 Parts Manual 
    I also have a hard copy of this manual thanks to JKP. (May he heal quickly)

I was also asked to submit clearer pictures of the pannier rack and support on the JH600 I have by someone and can no longer find it so I hope you do not mind me adding the pics here.
    7HA_7402.jpg7HA_7406.jpg7HA_7404.jpg7HA_7403.jpg7HA_7405.jpg

These panniers look good and the support rack is OK but the plastic is not very strong. I keep a roll of duct tape in one of the panniers just for the day when.....
    However, to be fair, this bike has taken a soil sample albeit in the soft mud and no damage (other than my ego) was sustained. I do not use the top 3rd box as I have not traveled far enough to need that much luggage space. However, Franki is correct you would want to have heavier duty for a long trip. I will probably see if the tour fellow mfg guru can make his fit on my support and go with that if it comes to a trip for more than a day or two. Worse case I replace the whole deal.
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

7. #257 Re: JH 600 Parts Manual 
    Nice looking panniers but you do need to talk to Milton and Felix (I think it was them from memory?) about getting loads of reflective tape onto them, they look very plain by comparison with what those guys do!

8. #258 Re: JH 600 Parts Manual 
    Hello!! my name is Luis, i´m from Spain and i need some help. I´m looking for the owners manual of fh600 but i can´t found it. your link don´t work on my laptop, please!!! can you send my the manual??? THANKS!!! hachondo@hotmail.com

9. #259 Re: JH 600 Parts Manual 
    artop,
    I copied the manual Pfaelzer posted onto a pdf and sent to your personal website above. Hope it works out. It is a good starting point for sure. Good luck
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

10. #260 Re: JH 600 Parts Manual 
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie View Post
    artop,
    I copied the manual Pfaelzer posted onto a pdf and sent to your personal website above. Hope it works out. It is a good starting point for sure. Good luck

THANKS VERY MUCH!!!! I have a kart buggy and the engine is from jh600 but i need the manual. If you want to know more about this kart buggy tell me or visit my forum in www.jocsports.com (in Portugal) or www.takikardiaracingbuggies.com (in Spain)

Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 616242526272836 ... LastLast