Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: My new JH600

Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13233132333435 ... LastLast
  1. #321 Re: My new Jialing JH600 
    C-Moto Guru
    Thank you for answering my question Pfaelzer. Since I bought my bike 2nd hand I don't know where it has been the first 9500 KM and it's just over 2 years old now I thought it might be time to replace the fork oil. I have no idea what those seals cost, but I guess they are quite cheap so I thought "prevention is better than cure"!
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2

2. #322 Re: My new JH600 
    Pfaelzer hi again, how are you?

can you tell me where I can buy oil filters, air filters, oil ... all for my engine

you know a reputable dealer (cheap) on line?

thank you very much.

PFAELZER!! I need some help!!

I´m looking for a clutch, mine is broken, is blown
    MY BUGGY JOCSPORTS 600cc engine Jailing JH600

3. #323 Re: My new JH600 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Pfaelzer, Lao Jia Huo, Barry and other JH600 devotees,

I'm definitely up for this mod. I'm in much the same boat as LJH with respect to fork dive when braking, and I don't like it at all. (I'm thinking this could well have been a factor in my getoff last summer in Kunming, though the primary error surely was human.)

As for which fork oil to choose or whether to swap seals, damn, I'm a total naif on both counts, but I really need to do something to firm up my front end performance. Progressive springs with a more viscous oil would seem the right approach for me. But how do you even know what springs to buy? Don't worry, LJH, I'm happy to source them in the US if need be....

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #324 Re: My new JH600 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Hey Mr Euph et al ...

I might be suffering from wishful thinking & delusions believing that heavier fork oil might solve our common concerns, but I thought I'd try it out first. From what I've read online (the great authoritative source!), heavier fork oil might do the trick. But, in my case, it also seems that the forks are just a bit too dive-prone for fork oil to be the silver bullet.

It is quite possible that your getoff was largely caused by a diving front end, as jittery physics come into play when that nose goes down, especially on a wet road surface.

As for the springs, I feel kinda bad asking AW to carry back springs. Maybe all of us JH600 folks should collectively reimburse AW for carrying a crate of springs back? AW says he's noticed a positive difference ... good enough endorsement for me!

I'm game to try a variety of options on the forks because aside from the nose dive, I'm pretty happy with everything else about the JH600.

5. #325 Re: My new JH600 
    Hong Kong, China, Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam, USA, Pirmasens
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Dear Pfaelzer, Lao Jia Huo, Barry and other JH600 devotees,

I'm definitely up for this mod. I'm in much the same boat as LJH with respect to fork dive when braking, and I don't like it at all. (I'm thinking this could well have been a factor in my getoff last summer in Kunming, though the primary error surely was human.)

As for which fork oil to choose or whether to swap seals, damn, I'm a total naif on both counts, but I really need to do something to firm up my front end performance. Progressive springs with a more viscous oil would seem the right approach for me. But how do you even know what springs to buy? Don't worry, LJH, I'm happy to source them in the US if need be....

cheers
    Hi euphonius,
    Check my post about the front-springs. I sent the data, which I took of the original spring to Wilbers in Germany and also talked to a guy there. After clearing details, they suggested the springs I got now. I even didn't have to change the spacer. Hard to tell - you should come and ride my bike to feel the difference. I find it great. It somehow is always a compromise however. You want it firm on-road, but god travel off-road. To me, this choice fits well and I can share the details.

As to the oil: CAREFUL! If you go up too much, you will see your front-end less responsive and "jump" over bumps. I have now 7.5, but I think of reducing it to 5.

Cheers and have fun,
    AW.
    Modifications and talk around the JH600

My New JH600

6. #326 Re: My new JH600 
    artop,

I don't know any dealer or online shop for Jianling parts. I get everything from Jialing directly. Guess I might get you a clutch.

PM me if you need my help here.
    AW.

My New JH600

7. #327 Re: My new JH600 
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfaelzer View Post
    artop,

I don't know any dealer or online shop for Jianling parts. I get everything from Jialing directly. Guess I might get you a clutch.

PM me if you need my help here.
    AW.
    THANKS!!!!
    MY BUGGY JOCSPORTS 600cc engine Jailing JH600

8. #328 Air-horn 
    Some like it - some don't. However, it is a fact, that in China a loud horn increases safety on the road. Whereas in some countries loud horns are considered to be offensive, here it is normal to have - and in many cases appreciated (really). Typical situation: A cyclist enters the main road from a side street. He just does not turn his head, because he is whatever, too busy with things going on in front of him or just too lazy. This guy fully relies on somebody blowing the horn if things could get tight. Only then would he slow down or stay closer to the side of the road. The better he hears you, the more he will react. Right or wrong - that's how it works on China Roads.

With this air-horn - thanks again, chinabiker - I could even get attention from truck drivers on my last trip. Here some pictures and ideas of how to fit it nicely hidden on a JH600.

That's the horn:

My team designe a nice little bracket so that I can mount the horn tight to the bike. It should not fall off on rough roads (and it didn't happen here).

Horn with bracket and some tape to fit it in the curved plastic of the bike.

It was not easy to find a good location and we ended up there. It is tight, but with some try and error it fits in well, still a good gap to the front fork.

When we did that modification, I wans't sure, how I would use the horn, so I upgraded also the original "beeper" with a dual horn and added a switch so I could toggle between the two. Lot's of wiring, I think about removing the switch and the twin horns again, because the air-horn does the job well.

This picture was taken after the ride on last weekend.

Cheers,
    AW.

...back to overview.

My New JH600

9. #329 Re: Air-horn 
    Is that horn sourced in China?

10. #330 Re: Air-horn 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by milton View Post
    Is that horn sourced in China?
    I'm interested in this question too!

That horn does not look like the various models we discussed in this previous Pfaelzer RR.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13233132333435 ... LastLast