Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: My new JH600

Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14243233343536 ... LastLast
  1. #331 Re: Air-horn 
    Hong Kong, China, Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam, USA, Pirmasens
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    I'm interested in this question too!

That horn does not look like the various models we discussed in this previous Pfaelzer RR.
    Hi,

as mentioned before, I was lucky to get that horn, a Stebel Nautilus, from a friend. The all mighty web got everything. I found a at least same looking horn here.

You guys might give it a shot... not much money waisted if this most likely faked one doesn't do the job. Otherwise import...

Cheers,
    AW.
    Modifications and talk around the JH600

My New JH600

2. #332 Re: Air-horn 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfaelzer View Post
    Hi,

as mentioned before, I was lucky to get that horn, a Stebel Nautilus, from a friend. The all mighty web got everything. I found a at least same looking horn here.

You guys might give it a shot... not much money waisted if this most likely faked one doesn't do the job. Otherwise import...

Cheers,
    AW.
    Hey Pfaelzer, I went ahead and ordered one. Should be receiving it tomorrow or friday probably. Will update you guys, once installed!
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2

3. #333 Re: Air-horn 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    I would connect both horns, keep the original weakling for warning sleepy pedestrians. It's easy to add a separate WTF button for trucks and what not... blast away stebel

4. #334 Re: Air-horn 
    Hong Kong, China, Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam, USA, Pirmasens
    Quote Originally Posted by slabo View Post
    I would connect both horns, keep the original weakling for warning sleepy pedestrians. It's easy to add a separate WTF button for trucks and what not... blast away stebel
    I did that. Anyhow, thisneeds more parts and cables on the bike, which can get loose. Guess I will remove the regular horn because for pedestrians it's enough to tip the button for the horn a little bit to receive the wanted recognition and to widen their eyes...

AW
    Modifications and talk around the JH600

My New JH600

5. #335 Re: Air-horn 
    C-Moto Guru
    I received the Chinese copy of the Stebel Nautilus today, I removed both of the original beepers. I used the iron plate of the right original beeper (when looking from the frontside of the bike), but I'm not sure how this will hold. Furthermore the wiring still needs to be upgraded. Will make some pictures tomorrow, it got to dark to make decent photos when I finished.

It sounds loud!
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2

6. #336 Re: Air-horn 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    It sounds loud!
    Reminds me of the title of one of my favorite songs: I Scare Myself, by Dan Hicks and the Hot Licks.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

7. #337 Re: My new Jialing JH600 
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    Yeah, I'm really eager to get my dirty little paws on those springs - alas, Franki has disappeared & I think TA would ship me his wife before he'd part with his unmounted springs.

I think I might try just changing the oil viscosity, first, with the stock springs. Did you try that out? Would you have any recommendations for replacement oil? I've also thought about increasing the spacer size, to put a slight pre-compression in.

I suspect that I won't get any news for several months - my objective was to reduce the dive, and also have it adjustable. I'm lucky inasmuch as it is a relative that owns a group of performance mod shops back home, albeit primarily for racing bikes (those things I love to hate!). He'll set me straight, I think, for someone within a consumer budget (i.e., it doesn't have to be perfect for making 200 kph corners).

Richard,

I am still alive but making lessw noise these days. Too busy having a good time. However, if you want to reach me, you have my e-mail....

I have taken my JH600 out of cold storage and made a trip from Sichuan to Yunnan. Its nice to fall in love with her again after 15 month.

8. #338 Re: My new Jialing JH600 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Franki View Post
    Richard,

I am still alive but making less noise these days. Too busy having a good time. However, if you want to reach me, you have my e-mail....

I have taken my JH600 out of cold storage and made a trip from Sichuan to Yunnan. Its nice to fall in love with her again after 15 month.

Wow, Franki - hello!

BTW, if I enlarge that photo I think I see you and your JH600 on top of the island. So, it is true, you really can walk (ride) on water!

9. #339 Re: My new Jialing JH600 
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    Wow, Franki - hello!

BTW, if I enlarge that photo I think I see you and your JH600 on top of the island. So, it is true, you really can walk (ride) on water!
    Haha, I learn this Kungfu from AW

10. #340 Re: My new Jialing JH600 
    C-Moto Guru
    I'm trying to get to know my bike a bit more from the inside. I did one attempt to open op the air filter box, but due to limited time I had to abort and put back all the stuff I had taken out so far. Is it possible to only take the top part off, or does the complete box need to come out? Any tips on how to do this are very welcome?
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2

Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14243233343536 ... LastLast