Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: My new JH600

Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6789101828 ... LastLast
  1. #71 Re: My new JH600 
    Quote Originally Posted by Franki View Post
    The alu pennier AW has got is the best there is available in China.
    Would be really cool if there was some info on those panniers, like dimensions, materials, prices and how you can get a pair with the mounting racks

Bike looks fantastic AW , hope you have a great ride on Tuesday.

Cheers
    ChinaV

2. #72 Re: My new JH600 
    Hong Kong, China, Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam, USA, Pirmasens
    Hi Franki,
    you are right of course, its a 2008 model, which I bought last year. Do they really sell the JH600 now with those disco boxes? I can't find anything on the Jialing webpages about it.

Hello ChinaV,
    I'll ride the bike back to Fuzhou on Wednesday. I'll surely post then more details on those panniers and other modifications, which were done up in Zhejiang. If you want to get rack and panniers I suggest you to drop a PM to Franki .

Greetings,
    AW.

3. #73 Re: My new JH600 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfaelzer View Post
    Hi Franki,
    you are right of course, its a 2008 model, which I bought last year. Do they really sell the JH600 now with those disco boxes? I can't find anything on the Jialing webpages about it.

Hello ChinaV,
    I'll ride the bike back to Fuzhou on Wednesday. I'll surely post then more details on those panniers and other modifications, which were done up in Zhejiang. If you want to get rack and panniers I suggest you to drop a PM to Franki .

Greetings,
    AW.
    Guys this is a great thread, I'm getting closer and closer all the time to making up my mind just to buy one of these things, now that I've sold one bike I've some more room for it in my garage between my other two bikes and my car LOL. Ofcourse still have to convince my wife about having a third bike again ;)
    Pfaelzer did you come up to ZJ today to collect your bike? Where are/did you have to collect your bike from? If you're anywhere near Ningbo, just hola. If you need a place to stay overnight or something let me know, we have a spare room. Hell if I'd known in advance I'd have organised to ride to meet you, even it was elsewhere in ZJ province.
    Yesterday was a nasty day here though for riding. Today was much nicer with sunshine nice and bright for half the day.

Who's looking to collect a new JH600 bike from factory and ride to SH? The offer for a bedroom is there too if wanted, including some company on the ride from Ningbo to SH. I know some great rides to get from here to there as I've done it often enough!

regards to all...

4. #74 Re: My new JH600 
    Hi,

just a quick note first to let you know that I arrived well back in Fuzhou. The ride took one and a half day. Stayed the night in Fu'an. I had a blast...,met nice guys in Yongkang (Zhejiang), 1st day of the ride dry and cold, 2nd day wet and cold - other than that? It was over too soon!

bikerdoc,
    The JH600 offers lots of space compared to smaller bikes - also for two up... This might be a good teaser for your "better half". Thanks a lot for the offer to visit you. I hope I can do it on another ride. I didn't plan much time for this one, so Ningbo was a bit off my track. I understand that Jeff (euphonius) is thinking about to pick up a JH600 at the factory. He lives in Shanghai.

After catching up on some work, I will be posting more pictures of the new gadgets on my bike and some pix and details of the ride as well.

Cheers,
    AW.

5. #75 Re: My new JH600 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    AW,

Great to hear you made the trip safely, if chilled! Wow! Overnighting in Fu'an suggests that you came down from Yongkang via Lishui, Jingning and Taishun -- a route that makes me dizzy just looking at it on google maps! Alas, the Ningde leg was probably a bit more urban...

OK, get your work done. I look forward to reading more!

cheers,
    jkp

6. #76 Re: My new JH600 
    Hi AW,

Glad that you made the trip back safely. I was a bit worried about the weather too.

It is good that you gave your new gear some weather test. So was there any water in the pennier?

Regards,

Franki

Quote Originally Posted by Pfaelzer View Post
    Hi,

just a quick note first to let you know that I arrived well back in Fuzhou. The ride took one and a half day. Stayed the night in Fu'an. I had a blast...,met nice guys in Yongkang (Zhejiang), 1st day of the ride dry and cold, 2nd day wet and cold - other than that? It was over too soon!

bikerdoc,
    The JH600 offers lots of space compared to smaller bikes - also for two up... This might be a good teaser for your "better half". Thanks a lot for the offer to visit you. I hope I can do it on another ride. I didn't plan much time for this one, so Ningbo was a bit off my track. I understand that Jeff (euphonius) is thinking about to pick up a JH600 at the factory. He lives in Shanghai.

After catching up on some work, I will be posting more pictures of the new gadgets on my bike and some pix and details of the ride as well.

Cheers,
    AW.

7. #77 RR on the ride back to Fuzhou 
    Hi,

the update here has to wait a bit. I am about to post an RR here about some details of riding the JH600 back to Fuzhou. Take a look, you can see the bike with the new mods in action and see how the ride went.

Soon back with updates here as well.

Cheers, AW.

8. #78 Re: RR on the ride back to Fuzhou 
    Hi again,

I have edited following posts with new information:

LUGGAGE CARRIER SYSTEM - edited 04-10-2010
    ALUMINUM PANNIERS - edited 04-10-2010

Questions on parts, let me know. More to come.

Cheers,
    AW.

9. #79 Re: My new JH600 
    Phaelzer,
    Great threads. You, jkp, and CrazyCarl convinced me. I live in Nanjing most of the time and my wife (local gal) called the factory today. I cannot thank everyone enough for the useful information. I went thru this by myself in 2006 buying my Chang Jiang and it really cost me. Hopefully, I can get a bike by end of May. Keep us posted on your tweaking. I am 188cm tall and 125kg (sounds better than pounds) so this motorcycle is first one I have read about in China that should support me. I have an R1200 Adventure in the USA but I have only put 3K miles on it in 2 years so I miss riding but just could not accept paying $40K for a bike I know I will take soil samples with at some time or another. This option is very appealing to try. Thanks again.

10. #80 Re: My new JH600 
    Hi guys, I've been following these threads for a while, and I'm still not quite sure. It's not that I'm against the bike it's just that the bike is designed for adventure touring, whereas I'm more interested in riding down familiar roads that have lots of sharp mountain turns, so something more 'motard' would be more what I'm thinking about. Going the reverse way from you guys and unbolting as many things as possible to make it lighter instead of adding GPS and luggage racks and cases. Obviously in a western country there are plenty of bikes that suit my riding style, but here in China choices are much more narrow it seems either very expensive, 250cc or illegal! The Jialing fits into a unique place in the market, as it's affordable, legal and has more than enough power on these crazy roads.

What I'd like to know never having ridden the bike is how capable would this bike be if it were ridden hard on road? Do you think it would be possible to get your knee down on or wheelie this bike?

Or is the bike really just a bit too tall and top heavy, pegs too high, designed for too much of a specific purpose etc for any of the nonsense I'm talking about? Thanks for your input!

Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6789101828 ... LastLast