Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Exhaustive ideas ? 
    I am toying with the idea of somehow, maybe, possibly running my exhaust can, or an exhaust can under the seat, can this be done, has anyone done it or is it madness ?

The reason I ask, is I am considering making a luggage frame for the back of the bike, to include side frames for panniers, or the ammo type side boxes and the current position of the exhaust will get in the way, either that, or melt whatever is on the side frames. So to me, the logical place for the exhaust, is up under the frame above the wheel.
    '07 Pioneer Pulse Adrenaline 125, ( XF 125 GY ) Suzuki clone ; K157 FMI engine

2. #2 Re: Exhaustive ideas ? 
    Look into the Aprilia SXV 450/550. It features a muffler under the seat. The biggest problems you'll have is wheel clearance at full bump and heat radiation affecting the shock and airbox.

Why don't you chop the stock (or aftermarket) muffler you have so it doesn't protrude beyond the side cover? Seems like an easier solution, but I'm just thinking outloud.

Gl,
    Vlad

3. #3 Re: Exhaustive ideas ? 
    Depends alot on the clearance between the wheel at full compression and the body. Also, if you're going to have it out to the side a bit, the rear plastics will need to flare out enough to keep anything on top of the saddle from hitting the exhaust. If it's going to be directly under teh seat, you may need to find a flat/low profile can that will work.

Aside from that, you'd just need to find a custom pipe bender/welder and some brackets.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com