Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. #41 Re: 2010 Indianapolis Dealer Expo - Chinese Motorcycle Report 
    C-Moto Senior
    I noticed…certain things made little sense but overall it is actually very good.
    The second posting was a translation from AsiaWing’s Chinese site and was surprisingly informative.
    I have to agree with you that it is surprising that others are not taking advantage of the low cost engines and building around them. It requires a design engineer though, I suppose. That 500cc engine is worth designing around if they can keep the price down.
    Were is that engine with EFI? The Asia wing site claims a Bosch EFI for the engine?
    The engine does match specification on the Cagiva 500 less a few hp -4
    Last edited by Oengus; 03-15-2010 at 08:14 PM.

2. #42 Re: 2010 Indianapolis Dealer Expo - Chinese Motorcycle Report 
    I think that Carl to kill us both - we went into a deep Offtopic.

Quote Originally Posted by Oengus View Post
    ...I have to agree with you that it is surprising that others are not taking advantage of the low cost engines and building around them. It requires a design engineer though, I suppose. That 500cc engine is worth designing around if they can keep the price down...
    I would be satisfed if some of them have someone who may well copy something such as, for example, '90. Yamaha SRX-400. On this bike a few horsepower more or less have no practical meaning.

Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

3. #43 Re: 2010 Indianapolis Dealer Expo - Chinese Motorcycle Report 
    C-Moto Senior
    Thats a good design, YinXiang has a 125cc version...not the same but similar.
    Last edited by Oengus; 03-15-2010 at 08:13 PM.

4. #44 Re: 2010 Indianapolis Dealer Expo - Chinese Motorcycle Report 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    CFMoto Jetax 250cc scooter outlined in original post, is now available and is being sold on the domestic (China mainland) market for a RRP RMB17800. Also want to confirm that CFMoto aka ChunFeng here in China, will be releasing a 650cc twin cylinder 4 stroke road bike toward the end of 2010. The two CFMoto guys I spoke with had conflicting prices with one saying RMB40000 while the one guy in yesterdays phone conversation told me it'd be around RMB36000. Either way I'd say somewhere between RMB36-40K on the domestic Chinese market. As the release date approaches they will release more information and update their website(s). CFMoto have no plans for a larger displacement scooter nor a dual purpose bike. Pity.

5. #45 Re: 2010 Indianapolis Dealer Expo - Chinese Motorcycle Report 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    CFMoto Jetax 250cc scooter outlined in original post, is now available and is being sold on the domestic (China mainland) market for a RRP RMB17800. Also want to confirm that CFMoto aka ChunFeng here in China, will be releasing a 650cc twin cylinder 4 stroke road bike toward the end of 2010. The two CFMoto guys I spoke with had conflicting prices with one saying RMB40000 while the one guy in yesterdays phone conversation told me it'd be around RMB36000. Either way I'd say somewhere between RMB36-40K on the domestic Chinese market. As the release date approaches they will release more information and update their website(s). CFMoto have no plans for a larger displacement scooter nor a dual purpose bike. Pity.
    The two road 650cc twin bikes are 650NK and 650TK/TR. There is a rumor that CFMoto will release a third variant. This will be in the adventure style bike like the Suzuki V-Strom and BMW GS.
    Ride like the wind but stay safe.
    1976 Suzuki B120
    1984 Honda NH125 Lead
    1986 Honda CX Euro
    1988 Yamaha FZ750

6. #46 Re: 2010 Indianapolis Dealer Expo - Chinese Motorcycle Report 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    The two road 650cc twin bikes are 650NK and 650TK/TR. There is a rumor that CFMoto will release a third variant. This will be in the adventure style bike like the Suzuki V-Strom and BMW GS.
    Ah huh... David this thread is from 2010. If you read the various threads concerning all things CFMoto since then... you will likely stumble across discussions concerning the CF650MT aka CF650AK - the adventure model from CFMoto.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

7. #47 Re: 2010 Indianapolis Dealer Expo - Chinese Motorcycle Report 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Ah huh... David this thread is from 2010. If you read the various threads concerning all things CFMoto since then... you will likely stumble across discussions concerning the CF650MT aka CF650AK - the adventure model from CFMoto.
    Just thought to bring it up to date. Have yet to see the CF650MT or CF650AK.
    Ride like the wind but stay safe.
    1976 Suzuki B120
    1984 Honda NH125 Lead
    1986 Honda CX Euro
    1988 Yamaha FZ750

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345