Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: 2010 Indianapolis Dealer Expo - Chinese Motorcycle Report 
    I'm sure they do! What's the craziest place you've ridden?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

2. #22 Re: 2010 Indianapolis Dealer Expo - Chinese Motorcycle Report 
    C-Moto Senior
    No place like that….I was afraid to watch the video, some of the other linked videos represent absolutely insane ridding behavior.
    To me it is anarchy, I am reevaluating my position on caning!

3. #23 Re: 2010 Indianapolis Dealer Expo - Chinese Motorcycle Report 
    C-Moto Senior
    I read a article with a comment made by the former Qlink manager, related to the enforcement of correct filings with the NHTSA.
    “Johnny Tai, sales manager for QLink, calls the actions discriminatory. He says he’s noticed that some Taiwanese manufacturers are not even in the NHTSA database, though he declines to say which. “I feel the whole thing is a scheme,” he says. “Why do they only target Chinese bikes? As the government, you should treat everybody equal. The government can’t punish us for selling Chinese products. Why don’t they punish Wal-Mart?” He partly thinks it’s because he and his dealers run small businesses.”
    We could analyze this comment made by Johnny Tai in an interview with Dealer News.
    For the use of logical manipulations, for instance discrimination is bad, that’s deductive logic manipulation through an association. Same with the use of the word scheme that also is a bad thing…it is all riddled with manipulative use of logic.
    I do not like the man….his taking the line to me was childish and destructive.
    What is the purpose of coding VIN numbers? The use of a WMI within allows the tracking to the source of the product, what if a thousand bikes are sold and they have wheel bearing that have a propensity to seize? Qlink does not have a WMI so they are not masking the source, the comments by Tai were unnecessary as Qlink was not selling products that are not coded correctly. The products they sell are all coded with the actual real manufacturers WMI. The WMI is a manufacturer ID not a distributors ID. Protesting and while in compliance is what… foolish? The purpose is to protect consumers Johnny why fight against that? Why throw out words like discrimination, punish and schemes’, is that how you perceive, perceptions are very demonstrative of how a persons mind works.
    The distributors need volume they have to have that in order to succeed, its related to the economy of scale they should be only charging flat fees and not collecting variable margins, they should get less per unit then the manufacturer that should carry most of the costs. They should get less then the dealer that is only getting small numbers of units and has to carry all its own costs. If one hundred go though a distributor then sent out to one hundred dealers….why would the dealer bother? Higher unit numbers make distributors more efficient and feed larger unit numbers to dealers. Consolidation not separation is ideal….sharing warehouses, even sharing shipping containers. Sharing common functions, separate marketing is fine, its primarily internet based. The dealer will not buy stock in a flooded market, the price will keep falling if they keep pushing, it will fall to nothing, as in worthless. Jeez simple supply and demand.
    Consolidation of distribution, and flat fees to distribute and to dealers that receive delivery. These products are and can only be sold in single units. One at a time and online, the existing dealers will not stock them, they undercut the other products they hold and also subject them to ridicule and the results of poor quality, it can hurt them.
    It is not that complex, its all about online marketing and direct shipping to dealers within assigned territories. Its about offering distribution collectively to any manufacturer. It’s about a universal system, they all share.
    The winner has the highest amount of universally marketable production, the manufacturer that has a universally marketable product wins. I would say the 250 bikes have the best chance for that. The exact same bike sold in every country, then the factory can balance on that, some are domestic some are exported, but they are all the same.
    I would have sold the Megelli within the Qlink system but marketed it as a Megelli, used the Megelli web page design and set the store up off that, then offered the bike to dealers with a flat fee per unit, to take delivery and to support warranty.
    An international site that then leads to regional sites, like Megelli USA or North America…but it all should have consistency. The same for QINGQI and CFMOTO one international site and then regional links. They all can share distribution and all can share dealers. Its all about operations and it is all really about using the internet and establishing universal coding. It’s about the universal standard, its global.
    They should be taking up not splintering off, combining and consolidating.
    One schematic and linked parts lists for every unit….all of it tracked and rated, real competition. The values set once at the factory, it does not get replicated it gets propagated, its linked to a primary table that is one hundred percent accurate. The specifications are static they are linked to a VIN number. The values inherent with that as a code, that VIN is associated with that WMI, Build ID within that a part list, then east to see that part came from that manufacturer. The build date coded in, the warranty date coded in, then if a component fails it sets a date and calculates a duration in time and that related to the sale date. It all flags bad parts, it all feeds back to the manufacturer. It would produce reliability metrics, it would produce real-time data.
    The object is not to go faster…its to slow down work smarter it’s a long race. Put the real names on all the products, if its a universal part call it that, if its patented part call it that.
    I have to make some connection in higher places, I need to get people to link resources. We all would like very low cost high quality products. We all can agree that everyone needs to get their fair share, nobody punished, nobody treated poorly. If they do it best then they should get a reward, incentive driven and tracked with metrics. Real not fake not contrived or fabricated.
    A distributor should be totally objective, the same set of standards for all the products. It calls for a format that would call for standard accountancy across manufactured products across global markets.

4. #24 Re: 2010 Indianapolis Dealer Expo - Chinese Motorcycle Report 
    Oengus.. Thanks for digging that up! You happen to have the original link?

CC

5. #25 Re: 2010 Indianapolis Dealer Expo - Chinese Motorcycle Report 

6. #26 Re: 2010 Indianapolis Dealer Expo - Chinese Motorcycle Report 
    Quote Originally Posted by david3921 View Post
    Zorge, are refering to the QM250-2D here;?

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...-2D-QM260-GY-B)
    Yes, I do.

The 250 cc engine does not look like a high-tech engine with more than 20 h.p., but is better than 125 cc engine.

A year ago or more, I saw Megelli at the unexpected place, namely – Belarus, sold under local brand "Minsk", of enough known factory MMVZ. Too bad that the signs are not in Cyrillic.

Little off: when concerns Minsk motorcycles, I saw an interesting Sino-belarusian hybrid. Zongshen's engine in the Belarusian retro bike - Minsk M4 200.

Cute. Isn’t it?
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

7. #27 Re: 2010 Indianapolis Dealer Expo - Chinese Motorcycle Report 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi guys, I'm one of Minerva Sachs Megelli 250CC user from Jakarta...Anything you need to know about this bike just PM me or post on this thread okay :) I'll answer soon as I can...

Here are a few pics of my bike :

Ninja 250 and Megelli 250...I prefer Megelli's looks anytime....

A shot on the beach @Queen Harbor, Sukabumi, Indonesia..

Megelli using Koso RX2 speedometer....yummy....

Megelli and ninja, queue for a photo sessions...

Critics and comments are appreciated :)

8. #28 Re: 2010 Indianapolis Dealer Expo - Chinese Motorcycle Report 
    Congpay,

Welcome to MCM and thank you for the wonderful pictures! I'd love to hear more about your experience with the Megelli... pretty much anything you have to say will be useful.

How long have you had the bike and have you noticed any problems with it?

We could start another thread so the information is easier for everyone to find.

CC

9. #29 Re: 2010 Indianapolis Dealer Expo - Chinese Motorcycle Report 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi bro, I've had it from August 2009. No major problems so far...Fortunately, since this is a new bike from Minerva Sachs Indonesia, the company is very nice and responsible enough to hear its customer's complains..So if any of Megelli riders has a complain, Minerva Sachs will fix it for sure.

As far as power, PLEASEEE don't even try to compare it to NINJA 250...Megelli uses a single cyl, while ninja uses two :) Not to mention DOHC VS SOHC :) So you know which one is faster :)

But compared to another jap's bike with 200CC engine (hard to find another 250 cc single cyl here in Indonesia), Megelli runs faster...

You see, people here in Indonesia tend to under estimate a chinese Engine with Japs engine with lower CC. But It's different with Megelli...It uses Zongshen GS250 engine with some stroke modification...Megelli could easily kick a 200CC japs engine @55

So, anymore questions guys ? :)

10. #30 Re: 2010 Indianapolis Dealer Expo - Chinese Motorcycle Report 
    C-Moto Senior
    I like the Minsk bike....
    Last edited by Oengus; 03-15-2010 at 08:15 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast