Hey all,

I just found the site and love it! Currently, I am beijing and have owned a Jialing for more than a year... don't know much a bout other than it is about 150cc, small, and seems to have served my needs well enough.

The problem is that I have been about the 3rd hand owner, and I know the one before didn't care for it too well. I am having dependability issues now. It seems the electrical systems are completely faulty, to the point that I never know if the head light will come on or not, or the horn would randomly stop working (not good in Beijing!). The ride is good enough, but the motor is difficult to operate, and likes to stall at lights. In general, I am not very satisfied, but I can't complain for only 1,000 RMB!

Recently, it seemed to have broke down in a major way. I don't have any tools and the shops are closed as the workers are likely still home for the holidays....all I know is that there was a loud cracking metal sound from the engine as I was shifting, chian fell off (3rd time actually) and an hour and a half of pushing to my destination.

So, reading around the site, I seem to get the impression that Jialing's are not that bad? Is this actually true? I am considering buying a new bike, and have noticed that Lifan and especially the Regal Raptors are highly recommended, and I would greatly appreciate any advice.

What I am looking for:
In expensive (don't want to put down more than 7,000 if possible...)
Dependable and lasting.... I am tired of all these repairs.....
reasonable power..... I hate being stuck with tail gaters.... scares the shit out of me how close they get!

Thanks for any help!