Today, I attempted to check my valve to tappet clearances and with the dimension 0.8mm in my head and the corresponding feeler guage in my hand I gave it a go. What a complete nightmare, I can see why it is usual not to check these things, but I have the bike in skeleton form, so an ideal time to check. First off my Blue Point angled feeler guages would not go through the hole, the valve top is too low down and the feeler blade too wide to get in there, so I got a slim straight finger type set and found the problem with these is they are not angled, so I had to bend them.

First off, I tried 0.8mm, no chance that was going to get in, the clearance was way smaller than that, eventually I got a loose sliding fit with 0.25 mm on the inlet and something similar on the exhaust, I do the piston at TDC on the compression stroke method, with both rockers rattling loose.

Anyway, no way was 0.8mm going to work, then came the thought, this machine is not the QingQi200GY, nor the STX200 with a smaller head on it as I was lead to believe and from following the Sundown Moto svcs manual download, it is similar in some respects, but not in others, the carburettor being one of them, I have a slide carb on my bike. Also the manufacturer of my bike according to the log book, is Pioneer with Pulse cast into the engine side casings, no QingQi anywhere on it that I can find.

Anyway, I am in need of the specifications for my engine, the specifications for a K series K157 FMI, it being 125ml capacity, does anyone have access to these, or know how I can go about obtaining them ?

Oh, specifications like clearances, torques and any other useful service and repair data, and are the specifications engine number specific ?

Eng No. 32199701