Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 K157 FMI Engine Specifications ? 
    Today, I attempted to check my valve to tappet clearances and with the dimension 0.8mm in my head and the corresponding feeler guage in my hand I gave it a go. What a complete nightmare, I can see why it is usual not to check these things, but I have the bike in skeleton form, so an ideal time to check. First off my Blue Point angled feeler guages would not go through the hole, the valve top is too low down and the feeler blade too wide to get in there, so I got a slim straight finger type set and found the problem with these is they are not angled, so I had to bend them.

First off, I tried 0.8mm, no chance that was going to get in, the clearance was way smaller than that, eventually I got a loose sliding fit with 0.25 mm on the inlet and something similar on the exhaust, I do the piston at TDC on the compression stroke method, with both rockers rattling loose.

Anyway, no way was 0.8mm going to work, then came the thought, this machine is not the QingQi200GY, nor the STX200 with a smaller head on it as I was lead to believe and from following the Sundown Moto svcs manual download, it is similar in some respects, but not in others, the carburettor being one of them, I have a slide carb on my bike. Also the manufacturer of my bike according to the log book, is Pioneer with Pulse cast into the engine side casings, no QingQi anywhere on it that I can find.

Anyway, I am in need of the specifications for my engine, the specifications for a K series K157 FMI, it being 125ml capacity, does anyone have access to these, or know how I can go about obtaining them ?

Oh, specifications like clearances, torques and any other useful service and repair data, and are the specifications engine number specific ?

Eng No. 32199701
    '07 Pioneer Pulse Adrenaline 125, ( XF 125 GY ) Suzuki clone ; K157 FMI engine

2. #2 Re: K157 FMI Engine Specifications ? 
    It's 0.0xmm. Pls read this.
    Service and repair data pls refer to their "ancestor": GS125/ GN125 / similar theread in chinese forum
    Last edited by humanbeing; 02-25-2010 at 05:13 PM.

3. #3 Re: K157 FMI Engine Specifications ? 
    MMmmm. I think the basic isshooo is what is the difference between the K157FMI and the 157FMI, which would lead to spec for spark plug, tappets and other prime functional mantenance criteria.
    '09 Huoniao (Firebird) HN125-8 motorcycle [eBay bike-in-a-box]
    Aprilia SR50 LC Racing scoot

4. #4 Re: K157 FMI Engine Specifications ? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    K157FMI = Suzuki Clone (GS/DR/GN/GZ125 style)

157FMI = Honda Clone (CG125 style)

Karl

5. #5 Re: K157 FMI Engine Specifications ? 
    Thank You to all, I got it now, am searching out a relevant haynes manual on fleabay, there is plenty of choice on there, and I certainly don't mind greasy grubby examples.

My replacement feeler guage was totally wrong, not in the range of sizes I need, even checked with a micrometer, the blades were not even what the etched size mark said, I do wonder how many people just take what is read with measuring tools.

Anyway, I have now found another feeler guage in the correct range and only nine blades in it, all of them of use with this engine.

What got me I think, is the most excellent procedure with photographs on this website, it was when spanner sizes were coming up different it must have started a bit of a worry situation, that and the fact that turning the motor over with no oil in it, is a bit scatchy and clangy at bottom dead centre, things like that worry me. The scratchy noise will be piston rings, but the tinkly clangy noise I am hoping is the timing chain, although I know the change in direction of forces whilst winding past bottom dead centre and top dead centre there is often a smooth bit to the winding, where the turning becomes momentarily easy then hard again. I suppose really I shouldn't be doing this with a dry engine and that an engine that has not run in four months, as dry, it will be noisy and there worrisome.

Anyway one of the bolt size differences, was the crankshaft nut, it was not 17mm, but 15mm.

I am just wishing I could drag the bike inside my flat to do these things in comfort, as going out there into the car park between rain showers and the wind blasting off the sea is no fun at all, even my bike cover took a flight over the cliff.
    '07 Pioneer Pulse Adrenaline 125, ( XF 125 GY ) Suzuki clone ; K157 FMI engine

6. #6 Re: K157 FMI Engine Specifications ? 
    Silmilar chinese 125 Suzuki's Factory Workshop Manual
    EN--in Brazilian Portuguese ( c&p the text to Google Translate)

7. #7 Re: K157 FMI Engine Specifications ? 
    Quote Originally Posted by davidqc View Post
    MMmmm. I think the basic isshooo is what is the difference between the K157FMI and the 157FMI, which would lead to spec for spark plug, tappets and other prime functional mantenance criteria.
    k44rll's answer isn't 100% correct

157FMI could be anything: geniune
    SDH125-7C (CG)/

GN125 or clones
    K157FMI= "K-series 157fmi" -- the only engine known by that name is Qingqi's (Suzuki Clone) product [the engine in Suzuki (jv) bike is coded as "QS157FMI"/ Rumor said the quality of QS is better than K]
    pls read this.
    Last edited by humanbeing; 02-26-2010 at 07:21 AM.

8. #8 Re: K157 FMI Engine Specifications ? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
    Thank You to all, I got it now, am searching out a relevant haynes manual on fleabay, there is plenty of choice on there, and I certainly don't mind greasy grubby examples.

My replacement feeler guage was totally wrong, not in the range of sizes I need, even checked with a micrometer, the blades were not even what the etched size mark said, I do wonder how many people just take what is read with measuring tools.

Anyway, I have now found another feeler guage in the correct range and only nine blades in it, all of them of use with this engine.

What got me I think, is the most excellent procedure with photographs on this website, it was when spanner sizes were coming up different it must have started a bit of a worry situation, that and the fact that turning the motor over with no oil in it, is a bit scatchy and clangy at bottom dead centre, things like that worry me. The scratchy noise will be piston rings, but the tinkly clangy noise I am hoping is the timing chain, although I know the change in direction of forces whilst winding past bottom dead centre and top dead centre there is often a smooth bit to the winding, where the turning becomes momentarily easy then hard again. I suppose really I shouldn't be doing this with a dry engine and that an engine that has not run in four months, as dry, it will be noisy and there worrisome.

Anyway one of the bolt size differences, was the crankshaft nut, it was not 17mm, but 15mm.

I am just wishing I could drag the bike inside my flat to do these things in comfort, as going out there into the car park between rain showers and the wind blasting off the sea is no fun at all, even my motorcycle cover took a flight over the cliff.
    Yeah I think it's really possible to have such a cover to took a flight over the cliff.
    Last edited by luthernil; 11-11-2010 at 05:38 AM.

9. #9 Re: K157 FMI Engine Specifications ? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi Sprocket,
    I know it's a long time since you posted your message, but for a week now, I#m a proud and (still) happy owner of a somoto classic 125 with an K157 FMI eninge (just too pretty not to own one)
    In case you found out a thing or two an are willing to share them, I'd be very happy.
    Do you still ride your bike?
    Greetings from Germany

Udo