Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Australia QingQi Importer 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi here is the website for the Australian importer of Qingqi.

www.arqinmotorcycles.com

Thanks for the link. Do you know how Arqin promotes their bikes?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

They have a link right on the Chinese Qingqi site. They get some rave reviews of their product from an Australian bike magazine, specifically the 200 motard and enduro--described as "indestructable"

Sounds interesting. You happen to have that link handy?

CC

Actually, it's right on the 'home' page in the upper right-hand corner in blue. Cycle-Torque Magazine articles reviewing the motard and the enduro. Scooter Torque Magazine reviews some scooters, but no one really rides those anyways, LOL

http://www.arqinmotorcycles.com/home.php
    Last edited by culcune; 05-21-2008 at 12:29 AM.

I saw that and it looked pretty short so looked around for a link to an original article. Went to the magazines web page and searched their reviews. Didn't find anything and it was from Feb.2008. Maybe it hasn't been updated?

CC

Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    Actually, it's right on the 'home' page in the upper right-hand corner in blue. Cycle-Torque Magazine articles reviewing the motard and the enduro. Scooter Torque Magazine reviews some scooters, but no one really rides those anyways, LOL

http://www.arqinmotorcycles.com/home.php
    Cycle-Torque magazine is a free magazine to the public distributed by bike shops.

Cycle-Torque make all the money from there advertisers.

I don't think i have seen a bad review yet.

come to think of it I can't remember reading a bad review of bikes from any magazine.

Thats why I like the web for my information about things.

Still have to sort out the crap though but you will get a more realistic view from people who own the things.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdamo View Post
    Cycle-Torque magazine is a free magazine to the public distributed by bike shops.

Cycle-Torque make all the money from there advertisers.

I don't think i have seen a bad review yet.

come to think of it I can't remember reading a bad review of bikes from any magazine.
    That's so funny! A free magazine wouldn't give false reviews of their advertisers' ads, would they ? And Qingqi links their articles, too! How convenient!

Well, all laughing and kidding aside, what is the word "on the street" for these bikes in Aussie? They have been getting good first hand reviews in the US from actual owners, and some guy here named Crazy Carl fauns over them, but I think it's because they "gave" him a bike to ride over 3 weeks...

Well, all laughing and kidding aside, what is the word "on the street" for these bikes in Aussie? They have been getting good first hand reviews in the US from actual owners, and some guy here named Crazy Carl fauns over them, but I think it's because they "gave" him a bike to ride over 3 weeks...
    There is not alot of full size Chinese bikes on the ground in Australia.

About 5 years back when the pit bike/thumpstar bikes where very popular here there where businesses poping up every where selling these little Chinese bikes.
    But lack of back up and spares and very limited places to ride them killed them off.Most of these businesses have now disappeared.Also getting caught riding
    these bikes illegally resulted in a $1200.00 fine.No rego no insurance no licence.

The problem Chinese Manufactures now face here is getting

1 Getting brand awareness. It has taken Hyosung 8- 10 years to get where they are now and there probably still looked upon as inferior bike.

2. Getting the bikes registered.Getting the bikes to pass ADR will cost alot of money and time.Are the manufactures or distributers willing to do this?As said before it is a $1200.00 fine caught riding illegally and the police in NSW have stepped up the campaign to catch people riding unregistered bikes.

3. Getting the bikes onto showroom floors and parts back up and service.I know there are bike dealers out there selling them but the big bike shops out there selling Japanese and European brands are not allowed(Thats what I heard) to sell Chinese bikes in the same shop Honda , Yamaha, Suzuki, BMW etc will pull there brand from the dealer caught selling Chinese bikes in competition.

4.Alot people got stung by the Chinese pit bikes a few year back it will take a while to turn this around.

10. #10 Re: Australia QingQi Importer 
    JOHNNY PAG MC AUSTRALIA Johnny Pag Australia's Avatar
    That's so funny! A free magazine wouldn't give false reviews of their advertisers' ads, would they ? And Qingqi links their articles, too! How convenient!

hi
    "... what is the word "on the street" for these bikes in Aussie?"

company was banned from importing to Australia due to pathetic quality, taken over by Anthony FamaLaro, therefore now Laro Motorcycles
    Last edited by Johnny Pag Australia; 10-07-2012 at 06:34 AM.