Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: HI-BIRD QH250GY Tech Specs Needed 
    C-Moto Regular
    Just in case the bolts are tightened outside the valve cover, what bolt do I start with, left front as if sitting on the motorcycle. Next #4, 3, and 2? So why know the #1? What if #2 and try that in the same pattern? Is #1 just a reference or is it some machined in engineer spec from shape? That is all I can think of for now, on a possible 4 bolts, square shaped, bolt patteren, on a single cylinder head.

2. #12 Re: HI-BIRD QH250GY Tech Specs Needed 
    C-Moto Regular
    Just checked the timing gear again, the letters I was unsure about were correct. They were ZS and DL. The valve cover to me looks like it stays on when the head is torqued but sent pictures best I could think of, timing cover removed. So maybe somebody can tell if the valve cover comes off. Thanks

3. #13 Re: HI-BIRD QH250GY Tech Specs Needed 
    The bolts with the copper crush washers are the bolts that tighten down the engine head. Then there are other smaller screws (towards the edges) that only keep the valve cover on. There are two large caps on the front and back sides of the valve cover that are designed to give you access to the valve adjustment nuts WITHOUT having to take the valve cover off (since removing the valve cover will probably loosen up other moving parts inside the engine).

Your engine is very very similar to the Honda CRF230L engine in the picture below. If you can smell around and find an online shop manual for that bike, you should probably have more service info than you can shake a stick at!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

4. #14 Re: HI-BIRD QH250GY Tech Specs Needed 
    C-Moto Regular
    May I please get the website address or link to Carls website that has the manuals on it. I was using a mobile phone when I saw it, and now can't find it. Saw it in a post by Forchetto, I think. Only website I can find is the link to carl salter's and it's a different website. Thanks

5. #15 Re: HI-BIRD QH250GY Tech Specs Needed 
    Manual link for Zongshen 200. Uses basically the same engine as yours. Download and start wrenchin'!

http://www.mychinamoto.com/downloads/LZX200GY-2EC-Manual.pdf

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

6. #16 Re: HI-BIRD QH250GY Tech Specs Needed 
    C-Moto Regular
    Looking over the assorted manuals that are in downloads here. I think I can torque to 22 pounds, but if no bolt pattern isn't bad enough. Now I've found 3 assorted type head and cylinder type bolts. Cylinder Head Bolt, Connecting bolt of cylinder head, Cylinder head nut. Cylinder head nuts are the ones to tighten, I think. The bolts are the long studs the nuts go on. If all that is correct, then I need to know what the connecting bolt of cylinder head is. And when to tighten, if it matters now.

7. #17 Re: HI-BIRD QH250GY Tech Specs Needed 
    C-Moto Regular
    Still need a pattern for these 4 bolts. Assuming bolt #1 is front left, #2 front right, #3 rear left, #4 rear right. Sitting on the motorcycle. Aint got crossing the engine is it left to right? Front to back is looking same as crossing the engine. Unless it's #1 nut front left, then back nut on the opposite side. Diagonal 1st to 2nd? 3rd cross the engine again? Pressure point being cross or along side the valves. Valves are exhst front, intke rear. Oil is starting to show on the left @ gasket.

8. #18 Re: HI-BIRD QH250GY Tech Specs Needed 
    C-Moto Regular
    Anybody have a suggestive pattern, anybody know what bolt to start with as #1? I just found out the timing gear is also used setting the valves. The flywheels mark on the case it lines up with is wide. The extra mark should help a bunch. Please consider valves are inline, rather than side by side. With exhaust in front, intake behind it. 2nd engine to seap oil, same place. No maintance after break in like retorque head bolts after 1-3000 miles. Might work best ask small engine repair for advice too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12