Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 HI-BIRD QH250GY Tech Specs Needed 
    C-Moto Regular
    QH250GY is a 2007, from V-Bikes. I'm needing to replace the head gasket, but need to have the torque specs in full. Bolt pattern and pounds. A repair manual, or shop manual, with this even better. Where to buy one, download, order, etc. Greatly needed and appreciated. Even an Ebay seller that could order the manual. Any info would be a great help.

2. #2 Re: HI-BIRD QH250GY Tech Specs Needed 
    Stacy,

Since there's not much documentation available on specific machines (esp. the older models), best way to ask these questions is to state the engine type. You know what type of engine you have?

C
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

3. #3 Re: HI-BIRD QH250GY Tech Specs Needed 
    C-Moto Regular
    Where would I find thd engine type? All I could find was the VIN plate that said Manufactured By: CHONGQING HI-BIRD MOTORCYCLE INDUSTRIES. But the motor I thought had a name on it. I saw a name on it some where once. Maybe while aligning the TDC mark. It was behind the small caps. Maybe it was the original engine. This is a replacement, supposably exact, looks exact. But if you tell me where to find the information on the engine I'll look. Under the starter, etc. Thanks

4. #4 Re: HI-BIRD QH250GY Tech Specs Needed 
    Believe it or not, the most helpful thing you could probably do in this case is provide a nice clean image of the engine...including the head. From that we may be able to tell what engine it's based on.

Also, the torque specs for the head bolts should be relatively similar across the same size/class of engine regardless of maker. As long as the nuts aren't so tight as to break the long head bolts, I think it's more important that everything is tightened evenly in terms of tension.

For the pattern of removing the bolts, the rules are the same. Start on the inside of the engine and move your way out, crossing the engine as you go. See illustration...

32802424wj7..jpg

CC

5. #5 Re: HI-BIRD QH250GY Tech Specs Needed 
    C-Moto Regular
    Thanks, this picture shows 10 bolts, mine has 4. So starting inside the motor is hard to figure out, they are arrainged in a square. But two bolts might be longer since the metal is thicker, because of the shape, design of the head where the nuts are. Seems like the tension might need different requirements, but I don't know 2" vs. 4". I'll get it torn apart so I can send photos. Thanks,

6. #6 Re: HI-BIRD QH250GY Tech Specs Needed 
    Once you take off the valve cover, you may find you have more nuts/bolts inside. If there is really only 4 bolts then you would probably do a cross pattern to keep the head from warping. Also, don't entirely remove the nut each time you take one off. "Crack" (which means to only break the nut loose...but not completely remove) each one first in a diagonal pattern, then completely remove the nuts repeating the diagonal pattern once more. In the picture above, that would imply something like a 1, 4, 2, 5 pattern - crack loose. Then another 1, 4, 2, 5, pattern - total removal.

CC

7. #7 Re: HI-BIRD QH250GY Tech Specs Needed 
    C-Moto Regular
    heres 5 photos have a couple more
    Attached Images

8. #8 Re: HI-BIRD QH250GY Tech Specs Needed 
    C-Moto Regular
    here are 5 more
    Attached Images

9. #9 Re: HI-BIRD QH250GY Tech Specs Needed 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stacyc72110 View Post
    here are 5 more
    The timming chain sprocket has two alignment marks and next to each are letters. One has DL and the other I think is ZS but the ZS I aint real sure about. But sounds right, it reminded me of a Chinese manufacture like the zongshen or something.

10. #10 Re: HI-BIRD QH250GY Tech Specs Needed 
    C-Moto Regular
    Are the bolts comming through the valve cover that have copper washers the one's to tighten or do they come off with the valve cover? I just want to retorque them like they are suppose to be done after it's broke in, something, and something about so many miles. I read it in the forums, like ChinaRiders. Hasn't been retorqued and I hope it'll stop oil from seeping through ever 500-800 miles. It really can go 80 mph. Hoping to get it up to 100+, but doubtful. Next mod is the catalytic converter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast