Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 LEWPACK INTERNATIONAL 
    Hi...
    thank you so much for taking the time to read...
    I 'm in the proses of purchasing a Sierra 200 from LEWPACK INTERNATIONAL, and I wonder if any of you had some experience (good or bad) in dealing with them.

Again thanks and I hope you have a good ride...

2. #2 Re: LEWPACK INTERNATIONAL 
    Alonso,

Welcome to MCM! There's a good amount of info available on those bikes but you'll need to seaerch under a couple different names.

The bike is actually a ZongShen ZS200GY-2 and is known as the QLink Sierra 200 in the US. Searching for QLink sierra 200 should get you some juicy bits of info.

Here's a link to get you started: http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?335-New-Zongshen-250GS-Owner-in-AZ!

Contacting Spud-Rider is also a good idea since he's got plenty of experience with these bikes.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

3. #3 Re: LEWPACK INTERNATIONAL 
    Carl.
    Isn't the Zong sold as a Qlink X-Ranger 200 in the U.S.?

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...ghlight=ranger

4. #4 Re: LEWPACK INTERNATIONAL 
    C-Moto Senior
    谁在乎
    失败的尝试在美国销售

5. #5 Re: LEWPACK INTERNATIONAL 
    C-Moto Senior
    想要更多的付出更多

6. #6 Re: LEWPACK INTERNATIONAL 
    I seem to recall it being referred to as both, but you're probably right.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

7. #7 Re: LEWPACK INTERNATIONAL 
    C-Moto Senior
    The Mexican distributor of Qlink still sells the X-ranger; the US only sells parts for it. Qlink no longer offer the zongshen in the US.
    Does anyone have a Qlink XP/XF older than 2008? Does anyone have a X-ranger bought in the US newer then 2007?
    That may represent the time frame of a change in the rights to distribute in the US, around that time and the establishment of Zongshen America as its own distributor?
    Qlink cleared its inventory of X-rangers in 2007.
    Zongshen 200 and 250 only come in a 2006 model year; I never have seen one that was not a 2006.
    Zongshen may have forecasted its US sales on the x-rangers US sales, then came on the scene in a dragon costume on roller skates. Then the 250 has gauges that spin nonsensically and the 200.…something like one in ten pops a timing chain. You’ve been dragonized….notice the feeling of being burned? They brought in too many bikes and could not sell them, they are everywhere.
    You can get a lovely tangerine one on eBay for $1,000.00 a lemon yellow one in Mexico wonder how many pesos?
    They look cool in black, but the dragon scared me off. But on a good note you can get parts through qlink.

Maybe Lewis Pack can throw in a Pontiac Solstice for cheap?

8. #8 Re: LEWPACK INTERNATIONAL 
    C-Moto Senior
    If you buy it without a dealer then you buy it without a warranty, if there is no dealer then there is no warranty. The warranty is a factory warranty and the distributor set to police that through a established dealer.
    The local dealer here sold ten or so of each the 200 and the 250 and did not order more because who orders 2006 models in 2010? They said that Zongshen had great support and parts availablity and that they stood behind them. People liked them and the bikes had little trouble…the speedo issue on the 250 is prevalent on all of them and they found a fix for that. The 200 issue of cam chains scares everyone, the warranty is a must with that issue.
    Could be related to overheating? The engine and being pushed to hard and to or under high temperatures, the chain stretching and jumping gears? Since the model line seems to have ended at 2006 and in overstock…do the math.

9. #9 Re: LEWPACK INTERNATIONAL 
    C-Moto Senior
    I was so close to buying one of them, a black 200 but the cam chain issue concerned me and it is just a chain and could be monitored for correct tension and or gear wear. But that’s f’n labor intensive to me, just monitoring the chain tension in general is a pain.
    Then the other issue I came across was that of frames and telemetry, crooked but not enough to affect the ride? Another F that conclusion in my mind, not sure if I like all the maybes. The front wheel does it track 100% to the back or is it off? Not like it is a race bike or anything but give me break, off too much throws the bike off. Is it just me or is that bike in front of us dog legged?