I would indeed like to see bikes taken from the hairy-chested workshop/showroom we have in so many towns in Aus and displayed and sold like this. Perhaps if they were, a gradual sales increase to mainstream buyers would arise. I would also expect a modular repair/replacement system - "Something wrong? Certainly, no problems, we shall just slot in a new one, just have a coffee while you wait sir or madam."
The workshop would then test, isolate problems in their own time or just scrap/return depending on component price. Labour is always the highest cost here except where prices are inflated on parts. If the engines etc. were serial numbered but not to any machine, then swap in and out would work.

My local chainsaw shop was doing it for years with machines, until someone kept a record of the numbers and complained. They found it easier and cst effective to just have a few working models and spend any workshop downtime on fixing up where necessary! Customers were amazed at the fast service (always next day) and lack of problems, always a new/recon engine and only cost wa sfor new sprocket/bar/chain where necessary, always suggested clearly BEFORE the service/repair. It was found to be illegal now we have to wait a week or more for parts, wait for diagnosis, pay through the nose.

Thus I devised my own methodology, a cheap chinese chainsaw, extra bar, six chains, five years work expectation (200 cubic meters firewood plus regular fire-danger brush/tree clearing). Then I found they actually last eight to ten years with that workload at least. so costs come right down for me. Thus I have gained two spares, one in car for clearing fallen trees (happens a lot in local tracks I use), one in shed ready to go. I never have to argue or wait, quality of these tools is almost on a par with well-known brands and they take the same size/quality consumables. Unit cost of production of finished product, firewood, let alone the other work is about 40% local retail if I include my labour!

So, I am stretching the point but this could apply for motorcycles as a sales/service model and work! Sell in the Mall, instant service/replacement, very low fees or yearly 'extended warranty/contract' option for no-cost roadside service, etc etc etc. Also the sales of accessories would sky-rocket in such an environment and brand recognition would be instant and positive!