Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 SHINERAY IN AUSTRALIA 
    C-Moto Noob
    Zuma is proud to announce that Shineray Motorcycles Chongqing has appointed us Zuma Cycles Pty Ltd its National distributor for the Australian Market. Zuma has been a pioneer of importing Chinese motorcycles into Australia ever since 2000, and are overjoyed at being given the responsibility of distributing there X2 dirt bike range, which for the first time can be regarded as a serious contender to the Japanese and European MX, Enduro and Motard Models.
    The all new XY250GY-2 MX is available now, and the ECE homologated Enduro and Motard models arrive soon. These models use the first Liquid-Cooled 250cc DOHC 4 valve four stroke engine with six speed transmission to be made in China, producing over 20Kw. You can view this bike at www.zuma.com.au

2. #2 Re: SHINERAY IN AUSTRALIA 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ZUMA MOTORCYCLES View Post
    Zuma is proud to announce that Shineray Motorcycles Chongqing has appointed us Zuma Cycles Pty Ltd its National distributor for the Australian Market. Zuma has been a pioneer of importing Chinese motorcycles into Australia ever since 2000, and are overjoyed at being given the responsibility of distributing there X2 dirt bike range, which for the first time can be regarded as a serious contender to the Japanese and European MX, Enduro and Motard Models.
    The all new XY250GY-2 MX is available now, and the ECE homologated Enduro and Motard models arrive soon. These models use the first Liquid-Cooled 250cc DOHC 4 valve four stroke engine with six speed transmission to be made in China, producing over 20Kw. You can view this bike at www.zuma.com.au
    well, maybe i am too stupid for that... but i can only find your air cooled bikes there...

3. #3 Re: SHINERAY IN AUSTRALIA 
    Zuma,

Congrats on your new working relationship! I think you've got one of the better line-ups of all the possible manufacturers in China. Where are you located in Oz?

Also, feel free to put a more a detailed post in the "dealers" section of the forum.

Heiri,

The Zuma XY-250GY-2 is the same as the Shineray X2 you've heard about in China. It's a reborn NX-250 engine and is water-cooled. You can just see the silver radiator peeking out in the upper right hand corner of the picture below.

XY250_engine_640..jpg

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

4. #4 Re: SHINERAY IN AUSTRALIA 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Zuma,

Congrats on your new working relationship! I think you've got one of the better line-ups of all the possible manufacturers in China. Where are you located in Oz?

Also, feel free to put a more a detailed post in the "dealers" section of the forum.

Heiri,

The Zuma XY-250GY-2 is the same as the Shineray X2 you've heard about in China. It's a reborn NX-250 engine and is water-cooled. You can just see the silver radiator peeking out in the upper right hand corner of the picture below.

XY250_engine_640..jpg

CC

i am to stupid! thanks carl - but since i need an enduro (street ready) i looked just at the other bikes it seems... got it now - and hope to get them -street legal- in china!

5. #5 Re: SHINERAY IN AUSTRALIA 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi Heiri

Only click on http://www.zuma.com.au or copy and paste the address into your browser as our new website has just gone up and there are still many links on the net, that will open our old website.

Mick

6. #6 Re: SHINERAY IN AUSTRALIA 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi Carl

Thankyou for the positive reply. Shineray has spent a lot of money on this venture and have come up with a great package. When i get some time i will be posting images. We are located in Wollongong NSW, which is 80Km south of Sydney City.

Mick

7. #7 Re: SHINERAY IN AUSTRALIA 
    Wish you luck with the business mate, I hope you build and support your imports better than Kinlon do here. And a beef with your website, personally I don't bother to follow up with sites that say 'ask for a quote'. I am looking for a genny and a pump as well as the usual accessories and spares as I go along, and another bigger bike later - I want to compare specifications and prices, not just pictures! I think it will lose you business.

8. #8 Re: SHINERAY IN AUSTRALIA 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by jape View Post
    Wish you luck with the business mate, I hope you build and support your imports better than Kinlon do here. And a beef with your website, personally I don't bother to follow up with sites that say 'ask for a quote'. I am looking for a genny and a pump as well as the usual accessories and spares as I go along, and another bigger bike later - I want to compare specifications and prices, not just pictures! I think it will lose you business.

Thankyou for the feedback, will take that on board. Regards Mick

9. #9 Re: SHINERAY IN AUSTRALIA 
    Well, no more from these folks since then, lets hope they are doing OK. They still don't have any prices at all on the website which is bloody stupid to my thinking - I sent a couple of friends to their website for this and that and had a look again (for a generator and a water pump which they also do) for myself. I got a few 'straight-up' prices from other importers of similar machinery as did my friends (who wanted a kids' motocross bike and a farm bike plus all the gear ) so my friends didn't bother 'asking for a quote'. Potential sales lost as they have since bought 3 bikes and all the riding gear plus a trailer. And one of those bloody internet forms wanting obligatory and intrusive 'personal details' if you DO just want to send an email to them to ask about something. So, again, I didn't bother either. NOT GOOD BUSINESS.

10. #10 Re: SHINERAY IN AUSTRALIA 
    C-Moto Noob
    We traditionally haven't advertised prices due to the nature of the Chinese bike market being so cut throat. We have always only ever imported the higher quality level bikes from China which inherently are more expensive to buy, and more costly to sell, so not posting prices allows us to explain this point after we obtain an enquiry via the website which asks for Post code so we can supply a freight quote also. This has served us well for 10 years, how ever doesn't please all. The All New Shineray XY250GY-2 retails for $3999.00 and before you say my god that is a lot of money for a Chinese bike, the XY250GY is not just any Chinese MX bike; it is the only true example of a high performance MX bike to be compared with the major brands. Yesterday we finished our video shoot at Mt Kembla MX circuit which will show case the Shineray XY250GY's full potential and dispel the negativity that exists for Chinese bikes. Video will be posted on YouTube in the not too distant future.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast