Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. #31 Re: SHINERAY IN AUSTRALIA 
    Look at the prices of motorcycles in India, they seem to be very low cost there.
    http://www.infibeam.com/bikes/make/tvs.html

A HERO Honda Karizma sells for under $2,000.00

A Yamaha YZF-R15 sell for $2,500.00

These are high end bikes in their domestic markets…but they are very affordable entry level bikes in the USA, the corporate will not sell into markets that they already control. If they did they would want to price to the markets and the prices would be much higher. They offer entry level bikes but all of them come with high price tags.

Its interesting…..In India they have no where near the number of independent manufactures, that economy of scale will but them in a much better position to expand internationally.

That little Mahindra truck is not inexpensive actually it is the only small diesel in the market and it is also very expensive. The Royal Enfield are not expensive they are not cheap either they are actually priced well for the markets…just like the Korean products.

It’s ok to come in after the budget market but not without integrity and professionalism.

They need a game plan that addresses their oddly high production capacity. I would not be surprised to hear they are cooking the books and assembling and then disassembling to keep people working….It all comes off as if they are well on the way but really know nothing about were they are going. If they do they keep it a secret...

2. #32 Re: SHINERAY IN AUSTRALIA 
    Hi MJH

Any idea what would be the wholesale price for shineray xy 250 ?(large amount like 3000 units)

3. #33 Re: SHINERAY IN AUSTRALIA 
    Hello Nima,
    I imagine around $1,200.00 each? I recall seeing them selling wholesale for about that in the past.

4. #34 Re: SHINERAY IN AUSTRALIA 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Hello Nima,
    I imagine around $1,200.00 each? I recall seeing them selling wholesale for about that in the past.
    am i mistaking !!!? im talking about the one with the DOHC LC engine ?

5. #35 Re: SHINERAY IN AUSTRALIA 
    C-Moto Noob
    I don't discuss costings on a public forum and the person claiming they w/sale for $1200 is grossly incorrect. if you wish to talk to me do so via my e-mail sales@zuma.com.au regards Michael Onrust

6. #36 Re: SHINERAY IN AUSTRALIA 
    or you could go directly to the horses mouth
    http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/26...oad_super.html

retail in china is 18000rmb or $2900 usd
    so 1200 usd might be a bit optimistic

7. #37 Re: SHINERAY IN AUSTRALIA 
    http://www.fastglobalsupplier.com/ca...category_id=65

Ask these people as well, they can give you a price to use for comparisons.
    I am sure they had prices under 1500.00 USD each, not sure if that included any other costs.

Keep in mind that those that pay the most to the factory get priority to its production, but they also see consistent orders as valuable. You could theoretically buy up all the production. It is very much like pieces of a pie (production capacity) they want to sell the entire pie or make a bigger pie (increase capacity) but they cannot increase production as it cost too much, so they sell the pieces of production to the highest bidders. I doubt they can produce 2000 unit’s a month as they state on Alibaba. But if it is true then they have capacity in spare and if so then bid low as you can, 1200 is a starting point and be firm.

In manufacturing the lowest unit costs attained at production are when production capacity is met. If production is low or below capacity then prices are higher. Buying that many units could lower unit costs of production at the factory. That being if you really could buy 3000 units. So in that you can get better pricing but not in a wink, you actually have to prove to them that you can buy and sell their units and then you have value to them as you’re a consistent buyer of part of the production runs.

0% of the production comes to the USA…a certain percentage goes to Australia, Russia etc, the biggest get the best prices. They are more prized then the smallest, but again consistency is valued.
    Last edited by MJH; 05-09-2013 at 02:24 PM.

8. #38 Re: SHINERAY IN AUSTRALIA 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi there,
    I'm a new member from Papua New Guinea. Can I get quotes for parts from you?

Thanks and regards,
    Kenneth
    PNG

9. #39 Re: SHINERAY IN AUSTRALIA 
    Retail price in china for the X2 is
    18,640.00 CNY = 3,042.67 USD

If you buy one from the factory then you pay retail prices, the costs of each at production and any wholesale pricing is relative.

10. #40 Re: SHINERAY IN AUSTRALIA 
    Banned
    Hi do you guys have ANYWAY to get manuals from Shineray? I live in China and have asked many people but nothing, Currently I have the Small X5 250cc and in need of any info will be great

Quote Originally Posted by ZUMA MOTORCYCLES View Post
    Zuma is proud to announce that Shineray Motorcycles Chongqing has appointed us Zuma Cycles Pty Ltd its National distributor for the Australian Market. Zuma has been a pioneer of importing Chinese motorcycles into Australia ever since 2000, and are overjoyed at being given the responsibility of distributing there X2 dirt bike range, which for the first time can be regarded as a serious contender to the Japanese and European MX, Enduro and Motard Models.
    The all new XY250GY-2 MX is available now, and the ECE homologated Enduro and Motard models arrive soon. These models use the first Liquid-Cooled 250cc DOHC 4 valve four stroke engine with six speed transmission to be made in China, producing over 20Kw. You can view this bike at www.zuma.com.au

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234