Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Wheel Bearings

1. #1 Wheel Bearings 
    The wheel bearings on these machines, should they be shielded or open faced ?

Shielded as in z= steel shield one side, open the other, zz= both sides steel shielded or rs= both sides rubber shielded, no lettering meaning open bearing.

I ask, as I have my bearings out, the back wheel has two sizes of bearing, a 6202 on the brake hub side and a 6302 on the drive side, I am ok with that aspect, but of the bearings, one was an open face bearing and the other was rubber shielded, is this normal, just what faced bearings should be in the wheeel hubs ?

Am going to replace them with SKF bearings anyway, just as soon as I know what faces to get.

Oh, and for others information, the front bearings, both sides are 6202, so you need 3 x 6202 and 1 x 6302 bearings to do a complete bearing job on your bike.
    '07 Pioneer Pulse Adrenaline 125, ( XF 125 GY ) Suzuki clone ; K157 FMI engine

2. #2 Re: Wheel Bearings 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    are the rear bearings a pain to get out or do they just require a bit of heat?

3. #3 Re: Wheel Bearings 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    touch of heat mallet and long larged faced screw driver will do the trick to get bearings out ONLY if you want to replace them, if your thinking of using them again for any reason your better off with a removal tool so you dont damage the runners on the bearings

4. #4 Re: Wheel Bearings 
    C-Moto Regular
    Just replace them with rubber sealed on both sides and all will be well.

BTW: When assembling my Lifan GY5 from the crate I pulled the seals out of the wheel bearings (all sealed both sides) and found almost no grease. After greasing them up they're still fine after 24,000 km.

Q

5. #5 Re: Wheel Bearings 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by bennell View Post
    touch of heat mallet and long larged faced screw driver will do the trick to get bearings out ONLY if you want to replace them, if your thinking of using them again for any reason your better off with a removal tool so you dont damage the runners on the bearings

Cheers for the advice they came out with a bit of help and the state of them was desperate ! No wonder they felt rough there was no grease in them and the bearings looked square not round! new ones in now and it feels great !

6. #6 Re: Wheel Bearings 
    C-Moto Noob
    sprocket,anyone... i have a 09 sinnis apache or xf 125 gy i need new bearings for the rear wheel disc brake version spindle size 14mm, ive looked on www.chinesemotorcyclespartsonline just not sure what size mm bearings to get any help would be great as im a newbie to fixing bikes and dont want to order the wrong bearings :)

7. #7 Re: Wheel Bearings 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
    The wheel bearings on these machines, should they be shielded or open faced ?

Shielded as in z= steel shield one side, open the other, zz= both sides steel shielded or rs= both sides rubber shielded, no lettering meaning open bearing.

I ask, as I have my bearings out, the back wheel has two sizes of bearing, a 6202 on the brake hub side and a 6302 on the drive side, I am ok with that aspect, but of the bearings, one was an open face bearing and the other was rubber shielded, is this normal, just what faced bearings should be in the wheeel hubs ?

Am going to replace them with SKF bearings anyway, just as soon as I know what faces to get.

Oh, and for others information, the front bearings, both sides are 6202, so you need 3 x 6202 and 1 x 6302 bearings to do a complete bearing job on your bike.
    want to trouble shoot my wheel bearing but i dont know how to do it. we all know that the wheel bearing is used within the center of each wheel hub to avoid metal-to-metal grinding. so can you help me regarding this one? thanks a lot.