Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. #31 Re: Galaxy XTR 250 Review 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    Andy, I know this will show my mechanical ignorance, but is it too difficult to shed the fuel injection and replace with a carb? Could Galaxy just send you the carb parts? I joined the list on Chinariders for one of the XTRs or SUVs; whichever one it is, it is $1200USD, shipped, provided he can convince 25 of us to join him, to The port of Long Beach which is in the L.A. area. Since my family all live in L.A., I figure I could pick up the bike on one of the trips we take to visit them, or pay some extra money to have it shipped to Arizona.
    Hi Culcune

I think going over to the carb will be the eventual outcome......although I would prefer to get the EFI sorted.

It will mean changing the magneto, the whole wiring loom, the CDI and ECU. China V suggested that I approach Galaxy and suggest that we split the cost for parts 50/50.

Good luck with the purchase of yours $1200 shipped is a fantastic price, and I think the XTR is very much worth that......as long as it runs how it should

Cheers

Andy

2. #32 Re: Galaxy XTR 250 Review 
    I suspected your XTR gets too much fuel beased on the looks of the spark plug, but on a second thought it does not make much sense since supposedly emission regulations has caused them to program the EFI go lean. So maybe get a new spark plug and break in the motor in revolution range where the engine works well. After the engine is breaken in there should be less friction, which should help a little bit if the engine is running too lean. Also, if the engine is running too lean one could maybe enlarge very carefully and gradually the holes in the jets, causing the engine get more fuel in all rev ranges.

3. #33 Re: Galaxy XTR 250 Review 
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Hird View Post

Good luck with the purchase of yours $1200 shipped is a fantastic price, and I think the XTR is very much worth that......as long as it runs how it should

Cheers

Andy
    I goofed...the SUV is $1200, and the XTR is $1500. The guy trying to organize the buy, 'Oengus,' is a little hesitant on the SUV due to proprietary concerns on the patent of the SUV being too close a copy to an actual Honda model, and the bikes not being able to come here legally. The XTR used to be available in the US a few years ago as a 150cc off-road only version, from the bankrupt-in-the-US-first, company, SMC!! LOL

$1500 still compares favorably with the Jetmoto GY200 I purchased, shipped to my door for $1100, about 4 years ago.

4. #34 Re: Galaxy XTR 250 Review 
    Adicto A Las Motocicletas Caferacer's Avatar
    Hey Andy
    Did you fixed it?

5. #35 Re: Galaxy XTR 250 Review 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Caferacer View Post
    Hey Andy
    Did you fixed it?
    Nope, it's run like a bag of shit since day one, and the factory are not replying to any of my emails.

6. #36 Re: Galaxy XTR 250 Review 
    Adicto A Las Motocicletas Caferacer's Avatar
    Sorry to hear that...
    most probably ...you won't like to hear any comment about it, but ...
    Didn't you try perhaps the carb conversion suggestion? , perhaps you might get some CCM parts ...
    and they may not be that expensive as well , just guessing is kind of the same bike, by the looks and the pictures seems to be.

I hope the adventure ends well

7. #37 Re: Galaxy XTR 250 Review 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    it definately sounds like a rich condition from your description.....is the fuel system running a regulator?...if so(or not) Maybe we can figure out a way to fit an adjustable regulator to bring down the fuel pressure....this will help lean it out and possibly get it running better?

....you could also consider adding methanol to your gas to get it leaner....I would start by going 50/50 gas and meth to get a leaner mix going....this could be a blessing in disguise!

....just brainstorming!

8. #38 Re: Galaxy XTR 250 Review 
    C-Moto Noob
    Who manufactures it as i'm looking to import some? Anyone have a website?

They could get fasteners from companies outside of China. China doesn't have to make everything :)

9. #39 Re: Galaxy XTR 250 Review 
    C-Moto Noob
    Nice post...Thank you very much!!......

10. #40 Re: Galaxy XTR 250 Review 
    C-Moto Noob
    Did you ever get this running OK/ do you still own it? I've have read through this and it does look like a fault in the TPS that could probably be worked through.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast