Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 Galaxy XTR 250 Review 
    C-Moto Regular
    I recently imported a Galaxy XTR 250F direct from Galaxy in China. It arrived about a week ago and so here's a quick review.

It was packed very well from the factory, everything was well wrapped and protected. It wasn't much of a job to assemble it.

The overall fit and finish of the bike is very good, nearly up there with Japanese quality. There are a lot of CNC parts, and the swing arm is very nicely welded. Electrics seem quite good, everything worked ! and I the level of features was impressive, such as a hazard warning switch for the indicators, and a high beam "pass" switch. The fasteners are quite poor quality, but these can be easily replaced with stainless.

The most impressive thing about the bike is the styling, my brother came round to see the bike, and just couldn't believe how nice the bike looked ! It certainly looks worth more than what I paid for it.

The brakes are very good and it rides very nicely, it lacks a bit of power, however I haven't given it a good thraping yet, as I'm still running it in. I'm hoping it will loosen up a bit in time and have a bit more umph !

There were a few problems with the bike, such as the front axle being too small (I got a replacement made at work), and the headlight fixing straps being totally unuseable, but apart from that it is was all ok.

The whole import process was pretty pain free.Communication with the factory was generally ok, but email replies took quite a long time, and the build time for the bike was 3 months ! To be honest, I took a massive gamble handing over the money for the bike, without any guarantee that I'd actually receive the bike, but fairplay to Galaxy, they delivered the bike and made sure it all went well. I had a very good shipping agent to take care of the shipping and customs clearance, and I got a very reliable courier to pick the bike up from the bonded warehouse and deliver it to my door. Registering the bike was a doddle as the bike had an EEC certificate, so didn't need inspecting, I just filled out a couple of forms and sent them off with my insurance certificate, driving licence, registration and road licence fee, and customs clearance form.

Right here's the pictures
    Attached Images