Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 CIMA 2010 ChongQing Report 
    Just an early FYI...

This year's (2010) CIMA Moto Show in ChongQing will be held on October 21-24, 2010.

http://www.cimamotor.com/en/

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

2. #2 Re: CIMA 2010 ChongQing dates and link 
    Thank you!!!

Not going to miss it this year.... please remind me again on October 20

Cheers
    ChinaV

3. #3 CIMA 2010 Press Release 
    Hey Gang,

Got a press release from the CIMA folks and thought I'd pass it along in case you didn't get it.

CIMA 2010 Press Realease/Update

Sponsors:

• China Council for the Promotion of International Trade
    • China Chamber of Commerce for Import and Export of Machinery and Electronic Products
    • China Association of Automobile Manufacturers
    • Chongqing Municipal People’s Government

Organizer:

• China Council for the Promotion of International Trade, Chongqing Sub-council
    • China Association of Automobile Manufacturers, Motorcycle Section
    • Chongqing Economic and IT Commission
    • Chongqing Foreign Trade and Economic Relations Commission
    • China South Industries Group Corp., Motorcycle Division

Co-organizer:
    Chongqing Exhibition Center Co., Ltd.

Strategic Partners:
    Subcontracting and Partnership Exchange of Chongqing, United Nations Industrial Development Organization

Date:
    For trade visitor and media: October 21, 2010
    For public: October 22-24, 2010
    Venue
    Chongqing International Convention and Exhibition Center

Scope of Exhibits:

Motorized Vehicles: Motorcycles, tricycles, ATVs, snow scooters, mopeds, electric vehicles, gas vehicles, special vehicles and more

Motorcycle Accessories and Parts: Motor engines, vehicle frames, clutches, brakes, shock absorbers, electrical equipment, tires , wheels rims, spare parts, etc..

Motorcycle Related Products: Clothing, helmets, equipment and accessories for motorcycle tourism and outdoor activities, models, ornaments, refitting accessories and etc...

General Fuel Motors: General gasoline (diesel) engines, gen-sets, water pump units, multi-functional agricultural machineries and etc..

Maintenance Products: Special tools and machinery for cycle manufacturing and repairing, lubricants, etc..

Motorcycle Technology and Service: Publications, and R&D achievements and etc..

The Sole National-level Motorcycle Exhibition in China
    CIMAMotor, the largest motorcycle exhibition in China, will be held on October 21-24, 2010 in Chongqing, China.

CIMAMotor has been held yearly since 2002, and has become one of the most powerful events for global motorcycle industry after 8-year continuous development.

The output and sales of Chinese motorcycles has been registered No, 1 continuously for over 15 years in the world. In 2008 the output of Chinese motorcycles reached 27.5 million, accounting for 50% of the world output, 10.29 million of motorcycles were exported to 195 countries and regions.It is reported that both output and sales of Chinese motorcycles in 2009 increased about 13% and will reach 30 million motorcycles in production in 2010. Motorcycle in China as the means for transportation is rapidly developing into a recreational tool.

With profound understanding of the industry and an international perspective, we believe that after 30 years’ rapid development, China motorcycle industry is getting ready for a great breakthrough which will bring vast market opportunities and challenges.

CIMAMotor 2009, the largest motorcycle exhibition in China

• Exhibition area:40,000 ㎡
    • Exhibitors:340, including 12 foreign exhibitors and 328 domestic exhibitors
    • 12 foreign exhibitors, including Harley-Davidson, DUCATI, PIAGGIO, YAMAHA,
    • 328 domestic exhibitors covering all top China motorcycle brands, such as HAOJUE,JIALING, ZONGSHEN, JIANSHE, QINGQI, DAYANG, QIANJIANG,
    • LONCIN, LIFAN, CFMOTO, SHINERAY
    • The motorcycle parts exhibited: engine, shock absorber, clutch, wheel, lamp and etc... The enterprises who possess over 70% manufacturing capability of Chinese
    • motorcycle industry were present at the fair.
    • Motorcycles on display: 1,000; 100 new motorcycle models launched,
    • Visitors: over 50,000 from 31 countries, including 11,703 trade visitors
    • Media: over 231, including 54 foreign media and most of Chinese motorcycle industrial media and main financial media
    • Over 2,500 people attended the forums and lectures held during the event
    • Harley Owners Group, BMW Motorrad Club and other motorcycle clubs participated in 2009 Chongqing International Motorcycle Riding Activity
    • National Motor-cross Racing, Motorcycle Stunt Show and Motorcycle Test Riding were held during the show

CIMAMotor will help you deal with the challenges and catch more opportunities.
    We sincerely invite you to join CIMAMotor in 2010, and we hope a breakthrough of your business will start from here.

In 2010, let’s meet at CIMAMotor!

The CIMAMotor Team

4. #4 Re: CIMA 2010 Press Release 
    I registered for the show today, if anyone plans on going and wants to meet up, please post here. First round is on me

Cheers!
    ChinaV

5. #5 Re: CIMA 2010 Press Release 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    I registered for the show today, if anyone plans on going and wants to meet up, please post here. First round is on me

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    At this point, I'm in.

Word is out in Beijing that ChinaV is buying, so at last count there were around 18.7 million additional people accompanying me.

6. #6 Re: CIMA 2010 Press Release 
    OK, we're off.... well not really. I'm sitting in the Shenzhen airport waiting through a two hour flight delay .

Anywhooo.... check back in tomorrow for some pics from the show. I'm only going to be there on Thursday and half of Friday, so I'll be making the majority of the show report after I get back.

And if you're in ChongQing, please send me a message and maybe we can hook up .

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    Last edited by ChinaV; 04-20-2013 at 02:42 AM.

7. #7 Re: CIMA 2010 Press Release 
    Fantastic, looking forward to the report!

I hope that by the time you read this your plane has moved!

8. #8 Re: CIMA 2010 Press Release 
    Waiting in airports is a horrible way to spend a life... we need space ships shaped like motorcycles!

Looking forward to the photos and report.

CC

9. #9 Re: CIMA 2010 Press Release 
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    ... we need space ships shaped like motorcycles!
    We have those already, they were invented in the 80s!

10. #10 Re: CIMA 2010 Press Release 
    Finally back home after another...

Is it just me....

Before we start digging into the good stuff, here's my quick summary of the show. There were a lot of new motorcycles, and it looks as if 2011 is going to be a very exciting year for the China powersport market. Consolidation and integration across the industry is bringing improvements in quality, design, and marketing that were lacking in the past. China moves fast, and this event was a good indication of how rapidly things can change here.

I was very surprised with how small the show was. China has the largest motorcycle industry on the planet, and this gathering was a very incomplete representation of what's available here. The Chinese should stop the fragmented regional approach to industry events, and come up with a national exhibition showcasing the entire industry. I think this would draw a lot more international attention, as well as make it easier for the domestic manufacturers to focus on one big event for the year.

What the show did offer was a vast array of upcoming models from many of the biggest names in the industry. Harley Davidson had one of the largest display areas in the building, but absent were big names like BMW, Ducati, and Regal Raptor. Foreign companies like Laser Exhaust systems looked quite busy, yet you couldn't find a single manufacturer of handlebars or handgrips. These kind of issues make it difficult for people to justify the expense and time of traveling, so I hope future shows will be able to draw more vendors. Overall, I would say attendance was pretty good. I didn't see a lot of foreign faces in the crowd, but I did see many Chinese bikers arriving in groups, and you could see they were excited about what was being displayed.

I'm glad I had the opportunity to visit, and hope this thread will kick off some discussions about what's to come in 2011. Hope you enjoy!

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    Last edited by ChinaV; 04-20-2013 at 02:43 AM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast