Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: What Battery ?

1. #1 What Battery ? 
    What battery should be in the XF-125GY ?

I have a 12v 3ah battery, which needs replacement, one dealer says it should be a 12v 9ah, but the Portugese Sundown manual says 12v 6ah, which if any are correct , what capacity comes with these bikes originally, or what is best fit given replacement is necessary ?

Also, in which way should the battery be fitted in the battery tray, crossways across the frame, or vertically ?
    '07 Pioneer Pulse Adrenaline 125, ( XF 125 GY ) Suzuki clone ; K157 FMI engine

2. #2 Re: What Battery ? 
    The best battery for your bike is any 12v with as many amps as will fit in your battery compartment

Take out your old battery (which you know to fit) and go to a dealer or auto parts store. Give the battery to a competent sales person and say "I need to match this to whatever you got".

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

3. #3 Re: What Battery for QM200GY 
    C-Moto Noob
    The battery recommended for QM200GY is Yuasa Yumicron YB7L-B, according to Yuasa 2009 Battery Applications & Specifications Catalogue.
    Yuasa Yumicron YB7L-B: Capacity 8Ah. Dimensions millimeters: L 135 x W 75 x H 133. Dimensions inches: L 5 5/16 x W 3 x H 5 ¼. This model could be replaced with the Yuasa Conventional model 12N7-3B.
    According to Yuasa Battery Supplier Cross Reference 2009, The Yuasa YB7L-B could be replaced with other manufacturer types, as follows: Interstate YB7L-B, GS-Ztong Yee CB7L-B, GS-JSB GM7-3B-1, Motocross M2273Y, Sears 44042, Yacht CB7L-B.
    Warning: DO NOT BUY (as I did) Yuasa YB9L-B, 9Ah, L135 x W 75 x H 139 mm, which is too high to fit in the motorcycle`s battery original holder.

4. #4 Re: What Battery ? 
    Thanks for the recommendations, I tried some of those numbers, the equivalent from Varta, but they were too big for my battery tray, ten millimeters too high, so I have ended up with a YTZ7S-BS from Varta, 12v 7Ah, but 110Amps cranking power, it was the only one I could find at my local vendor that would fit my battery tray. Yeah, it is a bit small, but at least I can shove my alarm system control box next to the battery now, in the rubber battery box out of sight and away from the elements.
    '07 Pioneer Pulse Adrenaline 125, ( XF 125 GY ) Suzuki clone ; K157 FMI engine